User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! I'm baaack! 😊

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Hi! I'm baaack! 😊

Hi! I've been gone for a bit and missing you guys and gals! Gonna try and catch up with who's who and who's doing what. Talk at you later! 😊

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-30-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Lady (08-31-2017), PlaxMacaws (08-30-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome back Mare.

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-30-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hi Mare! Welcome back!! How have you been? How is your family? How's Shaggy doing? You've indeed been sorely missed around here . Some of our regulars have seemingly followed your lead by as well diminishing their presence after your departure - I attribute such to the absence of your exuberantly magnetic personality . You add an irreplaceable dynamic to PP ... I'm so glad you've returned
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-30-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Lady (08-31-2017), Mare (08-30-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hey we missed you. I hope all is well in the Mare's nest
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-30-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Mare (08-30-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Thanks, folks! Tony, you are too kind..if I was anything to keep things going around here, it was because sometimes my life is like tuning in to one of those reality shows!!..you never know what's going to happen next!

After my dad passed away, a lot of my time has been spent dealing with his trust wishes.. that's another story. Shaggy and I are getting along great, he's a good boy most of the time and tolerates Tim pretty well. My baby 'tiels, turned 1yr. in July, sadly, I lost little Nibbles through an open door..that hurt, she was such a sweetheart. I brought another one home from the pet shop in town and named him Moira (I know, girls name) and have to keep him separate from the others because July is a bully! Sassy has stopped biting off her feathers for awhile and is now beautifully feathered. She barbers herself half the year and the other half she let's them grow in, go figure!

Guess what?! Tim and I are FINALLY going to be grandparents! We are over the moon excited! Our daughter, Katie, who thought she would never be able to have children due to cancer treatments, got pregnant and at 35 years old, is thankful for this blessing. She and her significant other will make wonderful parents! Our two younger sons told us long ago.."Don't count on us!" So..we are super happy, she is due Oct. 22.

Ok, I need to catch up on what's going on around here. Thanks again for the warm welcome back!

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-30-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Lady (08-31-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Thanks, folks! Tony, you are too kind..if I was anything to keep things going around here, it was because sometimes my life is like tuning in to one of those reality shows!!..you never know what's going to happen next!

After my dad passed away, a lot of my time has been spent dealing with his trust wishes.. that's another story. Shaggy and I are getting along great, he's a good boy most of the time and tolerates Tim pretty well. My baby 'tiels, turned 1yr. in July, sadly, I lost little Nibbles through an open door..that hurt, she was such a sweetheart. I brought another one home from the pet shop in town and named him Moira (I know, girls name) and have to keep him separate from the others because July is a bully! Sassy has stopped biting off her feathers for awhile and is now beautifully feathered. She barbers herself half the year and the other half she let's them grow in, go figure!

Guess what?! Tim and I are FINALLY going to be grandparents! We are over the moon excited! Our daughter, Katie, who thought she would never be able to have children due to cancer treatments, got pregnant and at 35 years old, is thankful for this blessing. She and her significant other will make wonderful parents! Our two younger sons told us long ago.."Don't count on us!" So..we are super happy, she is due Oct. 22.

Ok, I need to catch up on what's going on around here. Thanks again for the warm welcome back!
    It's been very quiet here. Perhaps that will change now that you've returned .

Congrats on your imminent grandparent status, Mare. That's gotta be a thrill . I'm glad Shaggy is doing well . And sorry to hear about Nibbles . As far as Sassy, at least she replenishes her feathers after destroying them. As you know, it could be much worse. So how are Chip and Jellybean? You still have them, right?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (08-31-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Jellybean and Chip are still in the flock. Jellybean is looking rather old and tired but Chip still loves her. She's had four clutches of three eggs each in her life with us and I think she's over it. If Chip starts thinking he wants some you-know-what..she wants NO part of it! I say, good for her!..she's done her job Chip, Jellybean,July and Karl are all in the same cage. It's a large walk-in exactly like Shaggys (Amigo's old one) so there is plenty of room for all of them.

How is everyone else's birds here? Any new additions or ailments? I would love to know!

14. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-31-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Lady (08-31-2017), PlaxMacaws (08-31-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Things are just ticking along fine here, Casper spends time in the Magnolia tree when the weather is fine

Mmmm apple by Jean-Pierre Declemy, on Flickr
    We are off on our hols next week and he will be going to stay with friends. He has been a few times before and has been quite content there after spending the first two days ignoring them. He even gets to do a bit of flying indoors as their house is bigger than ours.
    Congrats on the grandparentness.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

16. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-31-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Lady (08-31-2017), Mare (08-31-2017), PlaxMacaws (08-31-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hey Mare!!! It's good to have you back .

I'm not surprised that you and Shaggy are getting along great but it sure is nice to hear. How wonderful he is tolerating Tim, life is so much more pleasant when there is harmony in the house. Sweet little Jellybean did her job and Chip best give her a break if he knows what's good for him. Happy Late Hatch day to Karl and July, that was one quick year. Aww, sorry about losing little Nibbles but he just might of found a home where ever he landed, at least that is our hope. A big welcome to Moira! Does he look like Chip? How old is he?

on the Grandparent news, how very exciting! Lots of things to do and prepare for everyone. We wish Katie lots of joy with her pregnancy and can hardly wait to hear some of the names she is thinking about.

Lady is well and still enjoying "playing tent" on her play area above her cage. She is so quiet and content that I have to peek in and see what she is doing. She has some toys and wood chunks to chew along with her egg carton. She's so cute when I peek in she comes over and starts chattering away in a very sweet voice. I'm trying to get it on record but with the fans on it doesn't pick up too well.

That's about all I got for now

18. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-31-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-31-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Mare (08-31-2017), PlaxMacaws (08-31-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thank you, Jean-Pierre! Casper is handsome as ever! Good to know life is good in your neck of the woods I hope Margaret is doing well?..say "hi", from me!

Alice, good to know Lady is good and well! Moira looks nothing like my other cockatiels, he's got a lot of white on him and yellow, some gray. What most stands out to me is the texture of his feathers compared to my original crew. His feathers are super soft, if that makes sense. He's never bit me, even when I've had to pick him up in a panic off the floor..he's just different. He's getting to trust me more when I reach into his cage to retrieve his food and water bowls. I think there is hope that we may become friends.
    Last edited by Mare; 08-31-2017 at 08:50 PM.

20. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-31-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-31-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Lady (09-02-2017)