User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gang of Crows Confront a Cockatoo (no physical assault, only verbal)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Ibvstudios,

I too was leary of viewing the video as it was titled, but I did and it was interesting. Do you get to see wild birds interact like this often or was this a rare occasion? Is this your parrot? So what is your thoughts on what you saw? The short clip gave me more questions than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Hi Ibvstudios,

I too was leary of viewing the video as it was titled, but I did and it was interesting. Do you get to see wild birds interact like this often or was this a rare occasion? Is this your parrot? So what is your thoughts on what you saw? The short clip gave me more questions than anything.
    Hi,

No I don't have any pet bird and I don't want to also.
    I live just opposite to sea shore, so there are so many birds around.
    If I am at home, I spent most of my time standing at window & observing activities of birds & other animals. Mostly there are crows,heron,eagles, sparrows & pigeons.

So when I first time saw this parrot, I was mesmerized by how beautiful it is.
    But for crows he was complete stranger who came near their living area and that's why I gave title of video "Trespasser".

I recorded it till the point, I thought parrot is safe but as crows started getting closer and more anxious. So I have to stop recording and scare the crows away from the parrot. For 45 minutes, same thing keep repeating that I fly them away and after a minute they start coming back. And after 45 minutes somehow parrot gained the courage to fly away from this area. I haven't seen this parrot again till now.
    And after that day crows behavior also changed a bit toward me.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

3. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-19-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-19-2017), kendrafitz (09-02-2017), Lady (08-19-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    How nice that you live in such an area. It sounds like a beautiful place. I would love to see parrots hanging around, as well as eagles and herons. I do see a lot of sparrows, cardinals and blue jays in the spring but sea gulls are quite common in the parking lot at my job as well as some pigeons.
    Thanks for giving me the details of how you came to make your video. I can only imagine what that parrot was thinking or what it may of been looking to accomplish. Oh we do have some black crows but they don't really perch for long, but grab some food and keep moving.

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    How nice that you live in such an area. It sounds like a beautiful place. I would love to see parrots hanging around, as well as eagles and herons. I do see a lot of sparrows, cardinals and blue jays in the spring but sea gulls are quite common in the parking lot at my job as well as some pigeons.
    Thanks for giving me the details of how you came to make your video. I can only imagine what that parrot was thinking or what it may of been looking to accomplish. Oh we do have some black crows but they don't really perch for long, but grab some food and keep moving.
    Thank you, I live in Mumbai, India.
    And about crows, I have started observing them from last three months. And they are really intelligent species.

Here is one example of a stupid conversation between crow & me.
    https://youtu.be/kJZx2HWrW1g

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-19-2017), Lady (08-20-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hi, lbvstudios! I enjoyed your video, the cockatoo looked like a Goffins of sorts. Cockatoos ARE feisty and I believe if it felt itself in danger it would have flown off. I use to have a free flying Umbrella cockatoo that related to and hung out with the ravens in our area, they shared their space well. The crows in your video do seem rather upset with the intruder but looks like they worked it out. Are cockatoos indigenous to your area?

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-18-2017), Lady (08-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Hi, lbvstudios! I enjoyed your video, the cockatoo looked like a Goffins of sorts. Cockatoos ARE feisty and I believe if it felt itself in danger it would have flown off. I use to have a free flying Umbrella cockatoo that related to and hung out with the ravens in our area, they shared their space well. The crows in your video do seem rather upset with the intruder but looks like they worked it out. Are cockatoos indigenous to your area?
    Here in mumbai we have less cockatoo and many crows, and I think this cockatoo is the only free flying cockatoo , I have observed around my vicinity.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-18-2017), Mare (09-18-2017)