User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gang of Crows Confront a Cockatoo (no physical assault, only verbal)

Gang of Crows Confront a Cockatoo (no physical assault, only verbal)

https://youtu.be/cva6TH-yoJQ

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Sorry, this is something I can't watch.

3. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-15-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I also cannot watch this. What is the value of showing a lone bird being potentially attacked by a flock of crows? I would have intervened immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    I also cannot watch this. What is the value of showing a lone bird being potentially attacked by a flock of crows? I would have intervened immediately.
    How easily you can say, you can intervened, it's a lone bird who entered a unknown space which apparently have crows nests and all these crows permanently lives there.
    I wanted to see how they react to someone trespassing through there living area. And the video is for 2 min but it took almost 45 min for parrot to gain courage to leave their vicinity and I was there guarding him from the crows and not recording it.
    Please try to observe and understand the context of video.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    The title of this thread indicates that a flock of crows had "captured" a white parrot. You gave no further explanation in your post so there was no "context" for me to view it. The opening scene is of a lone cockatoo on a branch with crows coming at him from all sides. I am not going to watch a video which potentially could lead to injury or death of any bird.

7. The following user likes this post:

plax (08-15-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I viewed the full clip and no physical harm was inflicted upon the cockatoo. The OP indicates that it ultimately escaped. And yes, Helena... descriptions are very important. I've changed the thread's subject title accordingly.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    I viewed the full clip and no physical harm was inflicted upon the cockatoo. The OP indicates that it ultimately escaped. And yes, Helena... descriptions are very important. I've changed the thread's subject title accordingly.
    Thank you plax, I will make sure I write right descriptions in future posts.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-15-2017), plax (08-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    The title of this thread indicates that a flock of crows had "captured" a white parrot. You gave no further explanation in your post so there was no "context" for me to view it. The opening scene is of a lone cockatoo on a branch with crows coming at him from all sides. I am not going to watch a video which potentially could lead to injury or death of any bird.
    Sorry for not able to convey my thoughts in title and description correctly.

13. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-15-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I wonder how afraid the cockatoo was, they are normally pretty feisty and it doesn't seem too concerned. If it was, he/she would have flown away.
    More like scenario: Cockatoo decides to annoy crows knowing that they are too afraid to actually try and attack.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

15. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-15-2017), Lady (08-19-2017), Mare (08-31-2017), plax (08-15-2017), Quakerella (08-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    I wonder how afraid the cockatoo was, they are normally pretty feisty and it doesn't seem too concerned. If it was, he/she would have flown away.
    More like scenario: Cockatoo decides to annoy crows knowing that they are too afraid to actually try and attack.
    Ha ha that's possible, because these are urban crows & normally they are very cautious and rarely they need to attack anyone as there is plenty of food for them around.

17. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-15-2017)