User Tag List

Thread: spread eagle

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

spread eagle

so its long over due but heres a new post and update when i first got lucky a little over a year ago his wings were clipped after much research i personally decided i was never doing that to him again or any other birds that end up owning me lol it took a hella a long time but omg his fully feathered now and its just stunning the quality isnt that great and it was a spur of the moment photo shoot lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1500991969268.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	4970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1501257466843.jpg 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	4971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1501257466936.jpg 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	4972

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-06-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    He looks beautiful Jenn. I don't clip my birds wings either. They are happier when they can get around on their own I think.

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-06-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    What a beautiful wing span he has. I too am glad when birds get to keep all they were meant to have. I do understand that sometimes it is within the best interest of the bird or birds that live together in one house not to keep them flighted, but to me it's sad when their ability to fly is taken from them.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-06-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-06-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    He looks beautiful Jenn. I don't clip my birds wings either. They are happier when they can get around on their own I think.
    thank you i sure do take pride in my boys lol the previous owner had clipped him when he gave him to us he knew it was our first bird and i think he thought it would be easier on us and the bird at the time i dissagree esp because he didnt know how to fly and only started showing intrest after me and brandon were teaching him to fly sadly his flying lessons are on hold untill b gets back and he has taken flight when he felt a couple time scenc b has been gone and ive alwasys caught him lol

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    What a beautiful wing span he has. I too am glad when birds get to keep all they were meant to have. I do understand that sometimes it is within the best interest of the bird or birds that live together in one house not to keep them flighted, but to me it's sad when their ability to fly is taken from them.
    i think its sad too birds were born to fly thats why im kinda happy even thoe hes older lucky was learing to fly and im the one how taught him and im pretty sure he knows that lol

9. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-06-2017)