User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feather issues on my painted conure

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen12 View Post
    Your bird just stole my heart..its beautiful!
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-17-2017), Quakerella (09-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by SquawkandHowl View Post
    People have tackled boredom and over preening. But no one has mentioned this particular possibility- when the feathers grow in, are there black bars or spots on them? or do they look uniform and green?

If they are growing in with black patches as shown here, it is a malnutrition issue. Veggies high in vitamin A will help, and more fresh foods with pellets always available will go a long way.
    Yes I'm now adding a lot more fresh veggie and sprouts, see whether it improves her feather.

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-17-2017), Mare (09-18-2017), plax (09-17-2017), Quakerella (09-18-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Getting them to eat what they need, is difficult..God knows, we try! Your bird is a beauty, I don't think I've ever seen one like her. Does she chew on her self constant or just sometimes? My Goffins Cockatoo, Sassy, chews her feathers off half the year..the other half, she lets them grow in beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Getting them to eat what they need, is difficult..God knows, we try! Your bird is a beauty, I don't think I've ever seen one like her. Does she chew on her self constant or just sometimes? My Goffins Cockatoo, Sassy, chews her feathers off half the year..the other half, she lets them grow in beautifully.
    Hi she Seldom Chew on them, I try to keep her out as much as I can to prevent her from getting bored.

7. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-18-2017)

Some picture updates on chippy for these few weeks. Enjoy and have a nice day ahead

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-23-2017), Mare (09-18-2017)