User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recently adopted cockatiel - advice?

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    So.

Gracie's been here for nearly 3 days now (not quite), and we've learned a bit about her! I did have to give her a bath, as she was itchy -- I used a spray bottle and she spread out her wings and all that. She also likes dancing, particularly to Marilyn Manson which, I didn't expect, but whatever works for her. She likes watching TV and seeing the family eat. She's pretty accepting to vegetables!

She also laid an egg.

In her water dish.

Nice. I'm sorting that out right now, didn't expect it to be something to deal with so soon, though! Yikes.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-01-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-01-2017), Lady (08-02-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    She may need calcium supplement to her diet if she is going to be dropping eggs all over the place. Someone who knows more about this than me should be along shortly to offer sensible advice.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-01-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Casper likes Shania Twain. A lot. Which the rest of us have learned to suffer.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Two cockatiel hens named Gracie & Matilda
    Birds always have unexpected tastes, I've heard! I'm...not a big Marilyn Manson fan, really, but I guess I'm gonna have to get into it. The dancing was lovely.

Yes, she's definitely on some supplements and we're getting her diet changed. I have no idea how long she went without supplements, though.

Right now, it's cuttlebone (considering shaving some onto her everyday food), trying to get her into high calcium veggies like kale, and feeding her carrots and all that. She also has some calcium coated millet that she came with, so I'll see if she likes that.

I wonder if she'd like some cooked eggs, for extra protein?

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-01-2017), Lady (08-02-2017)