User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly Boy

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

Silly Boy

Kobi is doing some strange behavior. When I let both Linnies out of the cage they fly to my recliner and play there. Now if I sit in this chair Kobi has a temper tantrum. He verbally fusses at me and will bite if near my hand or arm. I get the feeling he has taken ownership of the chair and does not want me sitting in it. Guess this is called chair possession. With most birds it's the cage but not Kobi. Should I let him have his way and not sit there when it's out of cage time?

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-28-2016), Mare (04-29-2016), Pinkbirdy (04-29-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I think you should sit him on your finger and give him a stern talking to about his place in the pecking order in your place.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-30-2016), kendrafitz (04-28-2016), Lady (04-30-2016), Mare (04-29-2016), mdg1109 (04-28-2016)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Silly Kobe! I guess it depends. Is the recliner a chair you usually sit on? If it is, then I would continue to sit there. If not, I wouldn't bother. Bossy, silly baby!!
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Thanks for your responses. It is the only chair in living room so I do sit there often.

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    I agree with Jean-Pierre you are the mamma bird, you are in charce!

8. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-28-2016)

Besides, that's your chair. Tell him he has to share until he can get his own chair
    Penny Sebring | Kiki's Castle
    www.kikiscastle.com
    penny@kikiscastle.com

10. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-28-2016), kendrafitz (04-28-2016), Mare (04-29-2016), PlaxMacaws (04-29-2016), spiritbird (04-29-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Useful phrases when discussing things with your bird:
    1. Now, what do you think you did wrong?
    2. Look at me when I am talking to you.
    3. Are you listening?
    4. Good, shall we try again?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 7 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-30-2016), kendrafitz (04-28-2016), Lady (04-30-2016), Mare (04-29-2016), Penny (04-28-2016), PlaxMacaws (04-29-2016), spiritbird (04-29-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Dianne, I would say that's a territorial move. I hope Kobi doesn't get more so.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my cockatiels. Chip has now become territorial of the WHOLE bird room, it use to be just his cage area but it is now the whole space. When Tim walks in there to get Sassy I hear this shouting from Tim, screaming from Sassy and the cuss words follow . Chip likes to attack Tim's head and ears and when Sassy is on his shoulder...a big bird brawl happens on Tim's head!

I'm thinking of putting Chip and Jellybean in the outdoor aviary, at least for the summer.

Nobility Member

Parrots

You know Mare part of me thinks Kobi believes he is protecting his mate. They are never apart. When he is on this chair or sofa she is right beside him. Perhaps Chip is doing the same thing. At least you have other options. Once in an Aviary the birds become more wild don't they?

15. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-29-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'd say for sure that Kobe is protecting Tango. That's where Chip's aggression started, once he bonded up with Jellybean he doesn't want anyone near her. It's now escalated to the space of the room.

Sorry, didn't mean to take over your post, Dianne..I'll continue in the cockatiel section..