User Tag List

Thread: Howdy!

Parrots

Lineolated Parakeet

Howdy!

Hello everyone!
    My name is Shannon and we have recently added a Lineolated Parakeet into the family; among the many pets.
    My oldest son reefers to Tweety (he also named) as a her. (We aren't actually sure as the breeder never had a dna done.)
    She is estimated to be 1-2 years old, or at least that is what we were told when we got her.

This is Tweety!

Not much for sitting on fingers, but absolutely loves to sit on shoulders, knees, snuggle under necks, and to bury her head in your hands while cupping her. I have never had a bird like Tweety before. I've had Budgies and a Lovebird before, but none quite loved to be as snugly as Tweety, not that I am complaining! She is very sweet, but also a bit shy, too.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-29-2017), kendrafitz (07-29-2017), Lady (07-28-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    How cute and cuddly she is. You are very lucky.
    Welcome to PP by the way
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-29-2017)

Parrots

Lineolated Parakeet
    Thank you!

I thought I would share this too:

This picture is from 5 years ago.
    From left to right: Peachy my lovebird (rip), Samantha the Parakeet (who is actually a boy, but my mom didn't want to change his name. We just call him Sam or Sammy now.) and Jasper the Cockatiel. Sammy and Jasper are my Mom's birds. Sam is roughly 6 years old and Jasper is 17 and a grumpy old man! Lol.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-29-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-29-2017), Lady (07-28-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Shannon,

Welcome to P.P from Lady and myself. Your birds are very cute. How nice that you have a snugly little girl. I would love for my Lady to be snugly but she isn't going for it so we just pet her little head and be glad for that. One day I would love to get a baby bird in hopes that it would like to cuddle at times.

Does Tweety allow your son to cuddle with him too?

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-29-2017)

Parrots

Lineolated Parakeet
    Thank you for the welcome!

I was actually quite surprised at how cuddly Tweety really is, especially considering she hasn't even been with us for a week yet. And yes, she seems to really like both of my boys. Tweety is 'technically' my oldest's bird, but he is only 7, almost 8, and loves to spend a lot of time at his grandparents, so I will be picking up the slack when he isn't home. I don't mind, plus, I enjoy spending time with all of our animals.
    My youngest is 3, almost 4, and he enjoys petting Tweety's little head, but other than that, he is still a little unsure.

Tweety's favorite spot on my oldest is his shoulder, especially if he is sitting in the other computer chair and playing on one of the laptops.
    (Sorry for all the pictures!)
    My oldest fidgets and can't really sit still, hence I think that is why Tweety took more of a liking to his shoulder.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-29-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-29-2017), kendrafitz (07-29-2017)

Parrots

Lineolated Parakeet
    Ok, so, apparently I am blind or really wasn't paying close attention. Tweety has an ID band on one foot. I looked up what it means as I couldn't get a hold of the guy I got him from. Apparently he was hatched in 2015 as the date says "15"; and since it is on the right foot, that is supposed to mean that he is a boy. Unless I am reading wrong. Anyone know about ID bands?

12. The following user likes this post:

Lady (07-29-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to Precisely Parrots! Thanks for sharing your pics. Keep the pics coming. Tweety is a sweetie.
    It's wonderful that your children appreciate the birds.

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (07-29-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Love the pics with your son. He looks very proud to be holding her, but when he is on his shoulder, it looks like he is unsure of her being there. Can't blame him because even little beaks can hurt!
    As far as the bands, I'm not the one to ask as I still haven't looked totally into how to figure out all the information on Lady's.

Parrots

Lineolated Parakeet
    The last two pictures of Tweety on my son's shoulder is the day that we brought him/her home and he was a little timid of him being up there. He was afraid that his ear might be bitten. We were at my Mom's house because he wanted to show off his new little buddy. My mom absolutely fell in love instantly. She said that Tweety had the prettiest, dark green she had ever seen.

My oldest isn't a stranger to birds. Peachy, my love bird used to ride around on his shoulder all the time and lean down for him to give her kisses. He was only around 2 years old then, but Peachy was a complete love bug. Plus, he spends a good bit of time with Sammy and Jasper when he is at my parents house. Sammy is quite tame, but Jasper is a one person kind of bird and if my step-dad isn't in the room where Jasper can see him, he can get a bit contrary.
    My house is full of animals- 2 dogs, a bearded dragon, and now Tweety.
    I want my boys to grow up and appreciate animals, know how to care for them, how to treat them properly, ect.

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-29-2017), kendrafitz (07-29-2017)