User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finally got my self my conure

Thx for the reply

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of kiwi trying to bite my ear but he loves sitting on my shoulder
    He does the same thing my wife does which is trying to bite my ear but i still love him

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-06-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-06-2017), Lady (08-06-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    There is nothing like a conure trying to nibble on your ear. My crimson belly conure does that too.

Parrots

Phoebe, Green Cheek Conure
    Your bird needs to be able to spread his/her wings open all the way whilst in the cage. He/she also needs enough room to throw his/her head back (birds drink water by scooping it up with their beaks and throwing it back into their throat). These are absolute musts. I'll link some good cages for a green cheek conure down below.

This is the exact cage I have for my green cheek Phoebe. I love it. In my opinion this is one of the best cages you could get.
    https://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Produc...cockatiel+cage

Here's a different kind of cage that would be good for a Green cheek conure.
    https://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Hendry...5AK2BM5B7&th=1

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw

Finally got my self my conure

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryblossom View Post

This is the exact cage I have for my green cheek Phoebe. I love it. In my opinion this is one of the best cages you could get.
    https://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Produc...cockatiel+cage
    Congrats on your new baby Kiwi!! Love that name!!

I have the exact cage as Phoebe, and I know of a few Conure owners that do as well. It gives them plenty of room to play and stretch out.

Conures are just adorable! Just know that biting is very normal for them, just let them know when it’s too much or too hard. I just say “Too hard Nibbles” and pull him away from me.

I rescued mine not long ago and his bite was really hard! Took some patience and some time outs and now he’s a lot better. I keep alternating new toys for him quite often so that I don’t become the chew toy!

As Tony mentioned, he’s probably scratching his pin feathers. Does Kiwi like showers or baths? That helps get them softer and alleviates the itching a bit. My Nibbles loves showers, I put him in the sink or shower (I make sure it’s disinfected with a solution of vinegar and water) and let him chose to walk in the stream of water. He loves it!

With time you can also be the one that helps rub those pin feathers out, you just have to be gentle.

Give him ton of love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
    34 yr old Max- GW Macaw
    1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
    ADOPT DON’T SHOP

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-16-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacawMomma View Post
    (I make sure it’s disinfected with a solution of vinegar and water)
    As much as I also use vinegar, I don't think it is a disinfectant.

9. The following user likes this post:

MacawMomma (11-16-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    As much as I also use vinegar, I don't think it is a disinfectant.
    You are totally right!! I just hate using strong cleaners around my birds, what do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
    34 yr old Max- GW Macaw
    1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
    ADOPT DON’T SHOP

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I've been using GSE, Grapefruit seed extract.