User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my self my conure

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    One of my conures is in a 24inch wide, 22 inch deep and 36" high cage. He doesn't like a bigger cage and seems to manage in this one. I checked your Amazon site and you do have a very limited selection. Do you have other online stores you can access?

2. The following user likes this post:

nick (07-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I wouldn't go any less than the what Helena has stated she uses. Once you add the food dishes, toys, possibly a swing, your little one won't have much room to stretch his wings.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-18-2017), Lady (07-22-2017), nick (07-18-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I saw the price and thought "yikes" but then realised it is not in dollars
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-18-2017), Lady (07-22-2017), nick (07-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I saw the price and thought "yikes" but then realised it is not in dollars
    I did too Jean Pierre, just about fell off my chair.

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-18-2017), Lady (07-22-2017), nick (07-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post

I did too Jean Pierre, just about fell off my chair.
    I know im sorry should have mentioned it was in INR

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

10. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    One of my conures is in a 24inch wide, 22 inch deep and 36" high cage. He doesn't like a bigger cage and seems to manage in this one. I checked your Amazon site and you do have a very limited selection. Do you have other online stores you can access?
    Ohh i see
    I am thinking of making one of these cages as per my requirements would be cheaper than ready-made ones also what should be size of the bars and spacing in between them
    LXBXH
    24X24X24

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    The bar spacing should be no more than 3/4 of an inch. As to bar size...they shouldn't have any noticeable flex to them. Although your conure is small, it still has a strong beak which could bend bars and create an opening large enough to get its head stuck.
    Another suggestion would be to get two of the cages you have picked out, put them together to make one larger cage.
    Last edited by Dragonlady2; 07-19-2017 at 01:25 AM.

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (07-19-2017), nick (07-20-2017)

Some pics of kiwi

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-22-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-20-2017), Lady (07-22-2017), PlaxMacaws (07-22-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Kiwi is a great name! She looks very happy. Will she try other vegetables as well? Mine like carrots and peas and broccoli.

17. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (07-22-2017)

Not sure but will try i am not sure what happened but she is scratching herself too much nowadays thinking of taking her to the vet any suggestions