User Tag List

Thread: My Saucy Redhead

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

My Saucy Redhead

I woke up very late today. Ellie the chick was yelling for me at 4 and after I took care of her complaints I had a hard time falling back to sleep. Once I did I overslept.

Rosie was not happy at all about this. She let me know how annoyed she was by pinching my neck HARD after giving me a kiss. So she went to her tree. After being on her tree for about a minute or so she decided to punish me by yelling at me repeatedly. Sigh. After several warnings she went to the floor in the family room. (The dogs were outside)

Normally when this happens she waddles to her recliner and climbs up. Today she followed me into the kitchen. Climbing the 2 steps (a first) and waddling after me. She then climbed up to the top of a kitchen chair. I was impressed with her sauciness today. The fact that once she perched on top of the chair she did a victory dance had me laughing.

That's the endearing thing and trouble all in one with Rosie. She is super naughty and can drive me insane. But then she does something so funny or sweet after and I end up laughing and I forget that she was naughty. I'm not the best disciplinarian with her for just that reason. I guess that's why she is such a diva.

But man, do I love that saucy redhead!!! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-14-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-14-2017), plax (07-16-2017), Quakerella (07-17-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    She obviously knows just how to handle you
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-14-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-14-2017), kendrafitz (07-14-2017), Lady (07-16-2017), Quakerella (07-17-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yup...Rosie's got your number. She is reminding you that she is number one and don't you forget it. And just to make sure you don't forget....she does something amazing.

6. The following 5 users like this post:

kendrafitz (07-14-2017), Lady (07-16-2017), nick (07-25-2017), plax (07-16-2017), Quakerella (07-17-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    She certainty sounds like a typical toddler wanting her way. When Lady has a funny reaction in a some what serious moment I have to turn my face or back to her so she doesn't seem me crack a smile.

8. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-16-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-16-2017), kendrafitz (07-16-2017), plax (07-16-2017), Quakerella (07-17-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    She certainty sounds like a typical toddler wanting her way. When Lady has a funny reaction in a some what serious moment I have to turn my face or back to her so she doesn't seem me crack a smile.
    That's actually very smart. I usually just end up laughing and telling her she is a goose and then kissing her. Hiding your smile is much more effective for good behavior!!

Rosie & Kendra

10. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-16-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-16-2017), Lady (07-16-2017), plax (07-16-2017), Quakerella (07-17-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    Oh my gosh- I'm laughing just imagining her!! She's pretty funny!!! ❤️❤️❤️

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-24-2017), kendrafitz (07-24-2017), Quakerella (07-25-2017)