User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 12 year old son and Katie

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by MacawMomma View Post
    I'm sorry, didn't mean to worry you! I don't keep the cats in any area with Katie. I completely agree with the dangers of having either of them hurt.

My story was an isolated incident that scared the poor cat and amused my Katie.

Definitely plan on not letting it occur again

Thank you so much for all your advice, it's been so invaluable ❤️
    That's good to know . Some folks believe there's an adequate measure of safety afforded if they stand nearby and supervise the physical interaction between prey pets and predator pets. Unfortunately, a cat can swipe its paw so quickly that it may make little difference, even when a supervising human is positioned within mere inches from them.

Thanks for understanding.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-03-2017), Lady (07-06-2017), MacawMomma (07-03-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    That's good to know . Some folks believe there's an adequate measure of safety afforded if they stand nearby and supervise the physical interaction between prey pets and predator pets. Unfortunately, a cat can swipe its paw so quickly that it may make little difference, even when a supervising human is positioned within mere inches from them.

Thanks for understanding.
    I'm a newbie parr-ent so I appreciate every caution and advice! And it's great to continue to share these things to reiterate their importance.

The vet gave me a lot of great cautions (more like freaked me out) on all the dangers that can occur with these majestic birds. They're so big but so fragile at the same time.

The great thing is her blood work came back normal so she's is great health and I plan on keeping her there ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-03-2017), kendrafitz (07-03-2017), Lady (07-06-2017), plax (07-03-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by MacawMomma View Post
    I'm a newbie parr-ent so I appreciate every caution and advice! And it's great to continue to share these things to reiterate their importance.

The vet gave me a lot of great cautions (more like freaked me out) on all the dangers that can occur with these majestic birds. They're so big but so fragile at the same time.

The great thing is her blood work came back normal so she's is great health and I plan on keeping her there ❤️
    You're so right! They're big, they're bold, and they're fragile... and it's all rolled together. Your news about Katie's blood work is excellent! Congratulations to both of you
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-04-2017), kendrafitz (07-03-2017), Lady (07-06-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    You're so right! They're big, they're bold, and they're fragile... and it's all rolled together. Your news about Katie's blood work is excellent! Congratulations to both of you
    Thank you! With older birds it's so good to keep on top of it. She hadn't had a check up in years so were going in there blind.

Healthy bird, happy momma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-04-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-04-2017), Lady (07-06-2017), plax (07-04-2017)