User Tag List

Thread: Hey

Parrots

Turquoisine parrots

Hey

Hey there. I'm Niall from the Uk living in Kent but origionally from Essex, i've recently just got a pair of turquoisine parrots which is a species i've never had before, i have kept cockatiels, a few different finch species and budgies in the past and worked with quite a few different species aswell. My main passion is reptiles though and have over 100 different reptiles here, keeping birds again is a new venture, i went to a show in the aim of getting gouldian finches but after seeing these had to have them. I'm sure i'll be asking lots of questions as the days go on so will get to know you all.
    Better introduce my pair aswell

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170629_172207.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	4955
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170629_172158.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	4956

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-01-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-01-2017), kendrafitz (07-01-2017), Lady (07-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hi Niall, welcome to Precisely Parrots! What a pair of beautiful birds. The colors are quite striking. What is their call like? Are you looking to breed them?

Interesting that you also have reptiles. Are they snakes, or do you have lizards as well? Snakes scare the crap out of me, but I do like seeing them from afar. Some of their colours are amazing.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Hello and welcome!

What beautifully striking birds! I have never seen them before. What are their names?
    Rosie & Kendra

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-01-2017), Lady (07-02-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi Niall
    welcome to precisely parrots, I love the colours of your turquoisines, I'm guessing they're about budgie sized - is that right? Are they together in a cage or do you keep them apart?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-01-2017)

Parrots

Turquoisine parrots
    Thank you for the welcome

Dragonlady2
    They are actually very quiet, have a quiet small chirp and only really early evening for a few minutes. I would like to give breeding a go yes, i breed all the reptiles so want to try these aswell lol. I keep both lizards and snakes, i've been lucky enough to work with crocs and gators aswell. There isnt much i haven't kept over the last 18 years of keeping and working with them lol.

Kendrafitz
    Thank you, i'd luckily seen and read up on them by chance a few weeks ago when i saw one for sale, then when i went to the show with gouldian finches on my mind i wasn't expecting to see them and they swayed me with the brilliant colours, i've not named them yet though lol.

Casper's 2nd best friend
    Thank you and yes they are about budgie size, if not a little smaller at the moment, i wasn't told their age but i think they are quite young. They are both together, was together when i got them last week and they seem to enjoy each others company.

We are looking for bourkes parrakeets aswell which apparently are very similar.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-01-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-01-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Welcome Niall,

What beautifully colored birds you have. The male is very pretty and is girl is a cutie too. Thanks for sharing their pics. Interesting that you chose them while looking for a totally different animal, that's how Lady found us too.
    Looking forward to getting to know you and your new family members.