User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So This Happened Yesterday...

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

So This Happened Yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Wow that looks fantastic. Any rumblings from the neighbours about cockerels crowing at dawn?
    None that I’ve heard of. My friend says she can’t hear them when she’s in the house. They have 5 acres, so hopefully they are far enough that the boys won’t disturb anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-10-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-10-2017)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    We used to have chickens at out old house because we were outside the city limits and I loved them. We all silkies and buff orpingtons, we actually hatched them in an incubator which was amazing to watch but when we sold the house and moved to a subdivision we had to rehome them with a friend of ours that has a farm. I miss them! They are super fun to watch and they get attached to you, and they are very independent which is quite different than parrots. Enjoy the chicks, they look adorable!

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-15-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-14-2017), kendrafitz (10-14-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    We used to have chickens at out old house because we were outside the city limits and I loved them. We all silkies and buff orpingtons, we actually hatched them in an incubator which was amazing to watch but when we sold the house and moved to a subdivision we had to rehome them with a friend of ours that has a farm. I miss them! They are super fun to watch and they get attached to you, and they are very independent which is quite different than parrots. Enjoy the chicks, they look adorable!
    Do you get to visit them?

We have 2 Silkies and 2 Americuanas as well as the 4 Speckled Sussex. The silkies aren’t super friendly but are much braver than the Americuanas. The silkie girls will come up to me to get treats without hesitating. They are really cute but their feathered feet get so yucky - they are white so it is really obvious.

I have been there every day this week doing landscaping. Every time I sit down in the coop Snooki and Peanut come and hop on my lap. So sweet, I love that they remember me and still want to be with me. All four will peck, chat, sit and lay next to me but those two just like to cuddle more I guess.

I agree about the independence thing. I find it so relaxing to be with them. They enjoy being with me but don’t NEED me. Which is a nice break.

Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-15-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-14-2017)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    We do get to visit as it happens the farmer is my sons Godfather and not only do they have the chickens that we gave them but they already had a rooster so we get to see our "grandchicks". They also have peacocks but those things are mean and LOUD!

8. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (10-15-2017), Lady (10-15-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    We do get to visit as it happens the farmer is my sons Godfather and not only do they have the chickens that we gave them but they already had a rooster so we get to see our "grandchicks". They also have peacocks but those things are mean and LOUD!
    That’s awesome!

Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Thats awesome in about seven months providing they are all hens youll have eggs they are so much tastyer then store bought eggs i hatched another 6 this year im about to make a post to share them and yes theres little to no human care needed for chickens very resilent birds

11. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-08-2018)