User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So This Happened Yesterday...

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I've heard peacocks can be very aggressive, although beautiful. We have wild turkeys that come into our yard twice a day and after so many years of being disappointed at having no basil to make into pesto, we now plant thinking we'll feel thankful if they leave us anything!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-04-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Yeah, Kendra, turkeys are awesome! Did you see that post of the pet chicken that joined his person on a private sailboat cruise halfway around the world? I keep hearing about what great pets they make...the only thing holding back is I know how much and how often they poop!
    No, I will have to look that up.

So here's the thing about the poop. They are potty trainable. I was reading a few articles and threads on forums about it. I think it is more teaching them where you want them to poop than pooping on command. Also, you just need to learn their poop cues. For mine it is pretty much the same as Rosie. Fluff up, squat and go. I was going to potty train the girls but with four I felt like it was a losing battle.

I potty trained Rosie by accident. I just told her she pooped every time she did. One day I asked her to poop before I picked her up and to my shock she did.

If all else fails they make chicken diapers. So ridiculous!

But lots of people have "house" chickens that are potty trained. They do everything with their humans including watching tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-04-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017), Mare (09-04-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post

No, I will have to look that up.

So here's the thing about the poop. They are potty trainable. I was reading a few articles and threads on forums about it. I think it is more teaching them where you want them to poop than pooping on command. Also, you just need to learn their poop cues. For mine it is pretty much the same as Rosie. Fluff up, squat and go. I was going to potty train the girls but with four I felt like it was a losing battle.

I potty trained Rosie by accident. I just told her she pooped every time she did. One day I asked her to poop before I picked her up and to my shock she did.

If all else fails they make chicken diapers. So ridiculous!

But lots of people have "house" chickens that are potty trained. They do everything with their humans including watching tv.

That is truly awesome! I think I will try! I don't know if you recall the turkey someone rehomed with us and then it got attacked by a dog..anyways, it was such a friendly joy to have around. They certainly have what it takes to be a part of our family.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-04-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017), kendrafitz (09-04-2017)

Parrots

So This Happened Yesterday...

So, it looks like Ellie may be a boy. She has begun to crow.

The little first and last crow is Ellie. The crow in the middle is Brownie, an older rooster.

Don’t mind the mess. We are in the process of decorating the coop so it is just awful at the moment.

Last edited by kendrafitz; 10-05-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017)

Parrots

Here are Snooki and Peanut sitting with me in the coop yesterday while I was taking a break. They remember me and tell me about the chicken gossip. Love them.

Rosie & Kendra

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-06-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-06-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), Quakerella (10-08-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    So maybe his new name could be Elliot . They are quite cute all grown up. I'm sure they will like their new pen when your all finished.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-06-2017), Quakerella (10-08-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    So maybe his new name could be Elliot . They are quite cute all grown up. I'm sure they will like their new pen when your all finished.
    You know what’s funny? Her name IS Elliot, the kids named the chicks. So we made it Ellie It bc she was a girl.

Rosie & Kendra

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-06-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), Quakerella (10-08-2017)

Parrots

Planted some flowers today and have large river rock coming in the next few days. Will get some more flowering plants for the sides and then the outside will be done. Then we will start winterizing and figuring out the inside run.

Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-08-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-10-2017), Lady (10-07-2017), Quakerella (10-08-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Lookin' good!

18. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-08-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-10-2017), Quakerella (10-08-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Wow that looks fantastic. Any rumblings from the neighbours about cockerels crowing at dawn?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

20. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-10-2017), Lady (10-08-2017)