User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dipping the food in the water bowl

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen12 View Post
    Well, my bird dips everything in water... food, toys and what not !!
    Stephen12 - Please check your Private Message inbox!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sassy is my dipper but it's only crackers that she dips, I figure because they are so dry. Shaggy dips his feet in his water bowl (huge, sloppy mess) when I run the vacuum..silly bird!

3. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-23-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-18-2017), Lady (09-23-2017), plax (09-19-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Mare, that is interesting because Lady likes to take a bath when I run the vacuum! I always wonder why that sound makes her want a bath? If I'm raising to much of her dust IDK? She doesn't do it when I'm actually dusting. Silly birds indeed.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-24-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-24-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Mare, that is interesting because Lady likes to take a bath when I run the vacuum! I always wonder why that sound makes her want a bath? If I'm raising to much of her dust IDK? She doesn't do it when I'm actually dusting. Silly birds indeed.
    Zaf and Jack do the same thing. Vacuum motor noise = music to soak yourself to the bone by in a parrot's world - at least for many of them
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

7. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-24-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-24-2017), Lady (09-23-2017), Quakerella (09-27-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I think the vacuum sounds like a rain storm and my birds naturally like to join in the waterworks.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (09-27-2017), Quakerella (09-27-2017)

Parrots

Phoebe, Green Cheek Conure
    My bird insists on making birdy soup every time I give her food

11. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-26-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-26-2017), Lady (09-27-2017), Quakerella (09-27-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Guess she likes her food moist, not dry. Can't really blame her much there .

Super Moderator

Parrots

I never really thought about the vacuum sounding like a storm.....maybe the thunder part. Thunder can be so loud sometimes we can feel the vibration.

14. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (09-29-2017)