User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: well were back

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    When it rains Jen, it pours. But eventually the sun shines through and sometimes even brighter than before. Take care of yourself and Lucky and Chewie.
    Get better soon.
    ya its not the funniest but were doing ok i got food im managing to keep their cages as clean as i can kinda hard for me to get them outside for a deep cleaning which they need when and if i have a friend around next ill have to ask for help i also need to find a way to get the wheeles weleded or scredwd intoplace as they come off and i need to learn how to make birdy toys and buy parts in bulk im all better now thanks

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-20-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-06-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome back Jen. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I had a problem with a couple of wheels on my cages and I used a hot glue gun to glue them back in. So far they are holding. Spot cleaning with vinegar and water will be fine for your cages. The birds won't die if their cage isn't spotless.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Jen,
    We missed you guys. Glad to know your doing okay and the boys are keeping you busy. I don't do a deep clean but once a year. I think I get the cage pretty darn clean inside with either Grape seed Extract (you can get on amazon) or my go to vinegar and water, a good soft brush and taking all the perches and dishes down for a short soak with plenty of hot water. With barely a Spring or Fall season, Summer time is my only chance to steam clean.
    I find it easier to just keep up on the cleaning as much as possible throughout the week and a real good cleaning when I have the day off from work.

5. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-20-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Welcome back Jen. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I had a problem with a couple of wheels on my cages and I used a hot glue gun to glue them back in. So far they are holding. Spot cleaning with vinegar and water will be fine for your cages. The birds won't die if their cage isn't spotless.
    hummm i think i may have a hot glue gun around here somewhere ill give that a try so i dont have to wait and ask for help one thing that sucks about vertically challenged lolz both their cages tower above me lol they arnt super bad but i like to take them out and scrub them down spray them off and towel them to dry

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Hi Jen,
    We missed you guys. Glad to know your doing okay and the boys are keeping you busy. I don't do a deep clean but once a year. I think I get the cage pretty darn clean inside with either Grape seed Extract (you can get on amazon) or my go to vinegar and water, a good soft brush and taking all the perches and dishes down for a short soak with plenty of hot water. With barely a Spring or Fall season, Summer time is my only chance to steam clean.
    I find it easier to just keep up on the cleaning as much as possible throughout the week and a real good cleaning when I have the day off from work.
    i just bought some vinegar and i bought some cage cleaning stuff off amazon called poop off it works great lol ill look into grapeseed oil and ok good i gave the cages a deep clean last year in the middle of the year so i guess ill be ok for a bit lol and thanks im happy im better to i was almost sick for a whole month it sucked lol

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (08-06-2017), Dragonlady2 (08-08-2017), Lady (08-06-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Great to hear from you Jenn. I hope you and Lucky are managing okay. Life can surely be a struggle at times
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-13-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Nice to have you back Jen, glad you are feeling better.

12. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-13-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Poop off is great stuff, works on fabrics as well as cages.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (08-13-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Poop off is great stuff, works on fabrics as well as cages.
    Ooo cool so im assuming i cound use it on their rope type perch to clean dry and replace ??? And their cage covers its great stuff

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Yep, we use it on Casper's rope perches and on the sofa and armchairs after we haven't paid enough attention to his requests for a carry back to his cage (couldn't possibly fly there on his own)
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom