User Tag List

Thread: Shipping costs.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.

Shipping costs.

I usually order my supplies online. However, I am finding in Canada, it costs almost as much to ship as the worth of the order. From the US, the issue becomes the exchange, length of time and shipping costs. I have better luck shipping from the U.K. I can usually get items quicker as well.
    Anyone else have the same issues? Do you still order online?
    The only thing I order online anymore are the Roudybush pellets from Quebec. The Dollar store has some things I can use for toy making, but it is limited in selection as well.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Helena, shipping is outrageous. That is why I went to flat rate. My daughter makes jewelry and she also did the same thing.
    Unfortunately, some of my items I can't get from anywhere but one place in the US but I don't mind spending the shipping cost because I know I can trust them and they are pretty quick. I don't find Canada Post takes too long, usually one of my packages will get to the east coast in about 3 days (PEI a little longer).

They need to do something about the cost though. It is cheaper for me to ship to the US than it is to ship within Canada

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yeah...I don't understand the cost of shipping in Canada. Rosalyn, is it cheaper to ship by box or bag, both weights being equal? I looked at buying my pellets from an online seller and I was able to get 4 more pounds and it cost $10.00 less by going directly to a Roudybush distributor in another province.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Wow, that is crazy!

I generally only order from sites that offer free shipping. Amazon is my favorite bc I have Prime and can often get things delivered the same day.

Does Amazon offer anything like that in Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

Super Moderator

Parrots

Yes, I shop online with Amazon.ca, but the selection is not as good as Amazon.com which is not available to us.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I haven't shopped with Amazon. I usually go directly to the manufacturer, I find it so much easier and some what cheaper. I will take a look though.

is it cheaper to ship by box or bag, both weights being equal?
    I find the size of the item seems to affect the shipping cost more than the weight. If I send a 12" x 12" x 30" package to B.C. (approx 3000 miles) it will cost the same if it was one pound or two pounds. The same package will cost only $3.00 less if I send to Toronto which is about 125 miles. Sometimes it would actually be cheaper to drive it there myself.

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-12-2017)

Parrots

Parrot
    I'd prefer to drive myself there. For the experience and exposure and variety in making a choice.

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-10-2021)

Super Moderator

Parrots

I did that for a while, but it was becoming more of a problem due to distance. More recently, I have found a website that offers free shipping which works out better for me.
    What birds are you buying for?