User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South for the Summer?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well if I didn't melt the last two days I guess I'm safe for quite awhile~ It has been scorching hot . I suppose most if not all of the east coast has been roasting as of late, feeling like 103-105 F. You can smell the tar melting in the streets! I believe these last two days has been the hottest I have ever lived to tell about. I'm sure those that have pools are practically living in them but the water temperature must be difficult to keep cool as well.

Hope everyone is staying hydrated and as comfortable as they can. I'm glad I'm not at the beach but a lake sounds nice right about now. Days like this I need to remember when winter returns and I'm fussing about how cold it is.

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-22-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Weather has been nice here. Sunny and warm, nights are cooler and pants and a jacket are usually on. Have had very strange weather this year. More rain than I can ever remember having. Will be a short summer for sure, so we are enjoying what we can when we can.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-22-2017), Lady (07-22-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I can handle the heat, but man, the humidity kills me. I agree with Rosalyn, we have had more rain than usual and with rain comes humidity

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (07-22-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh for sure Ladies! It's the humidity that hits you in the face and makes your body give up all the water it can to try to keep you cool. So now your wet and still overheated.

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-22-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Oh for sure Ladies! It's the humidity that hits you in the face and makes your body give up all the water it can to try to keep you cool. So now your wet and still overheated.