User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South for the Summer?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

South for the Summer?

Ok, what's everyone doing? Did just about everyone fly south for the summer? Must be busy getting ready for vacation time, summer break for the kids and enjoying the weather! I've hardly heard a peep.

The weather is nice and warm today but the Sun feels as if it would blister my skin if I'm out more than 30 minutes even with sunscreen. Be careful my friends when your out enjoying yourselves and your family.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-11-2017), kendrafitz (06-11-2017), PlaxMacaws (06-11-2017), Quakerella (06-11-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    The weather is beautiful here. It was 85 degrees and breezy. I tend to do a lot of yard work and gardening in the summer, no going south...lol

4. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (06-11-2017), PlaxMacaws (06-11-2017), Quakerella (06-11-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Busy time here, weather is beautiful. It is so nice to get mom sitting outside during the day. She loves being in the front with her music on, bowl of cheerios to snack on and lots of water. We are couped up most of the winter so it is great to have the nice weather again.

I also like to do my gardening. Haven't done much this year, still can't bend or lift very well but we are working on it.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-11-2017), kendrafitz (06-11-2017), Lady (06-15-2017), PlaxMacaws (06-11-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Been crazy busy here. End of the school year stuff, parties, kids sports and beautiful weather!!

It's 90 today and humid. But we are out by the pool enjoying it. The water is still cold for me but the boys and dogs are in.

Rosie doesn't like being outside so she is watching Disney Jr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-11-2017), Lady (06-15-2017), PlaxMacaws (06-16-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well yesterday we went south so to speak. Had to help the hubby replace our kitchen faucet. We lost pressure for a few days, tried everything but couldn't get the old faucet to cooperate. We figured we needed the upgrade since we both wanted a higher spout. We did good as there were no issues or leaks. Now I can use the big pot without having to tilt it into the sink and wash one side at a time or fill it using another pot .

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (06-15-2017), kendrafitz (06-18-2017), PlaxMacaws (06-16-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well the kitchen faucet looks so nice that we decided to upgrade the second floor bathroom as well. Tomorrow we are going to also try our "skills" at putting in some shut off valves while were there as well. Funny how my hubby found a faucet that looks very much like the kitchen one with the high spout, but yet it is small enough not to look like we put a kitchen faucet in the bath .

Having a house sure can keep you busy.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-17-2017), kendrafitz (06-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Well we didn't get to the bathroom faucet this weekend. Maybe tomorrow or next saturday. The hubby is out enjoying Father's Day with family.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    We are having a mini-heatwave here in southern England. Temperatures around 30 degrees centigrade (not sure what that is in dollars and cents). We have spent the weekend on the sailing boat so have been spraying Casper and ourselves regularly with a mist spray trigger bottle to keep cool and have regretted forgetting to take the supersoakers to play with.
    Casper has been predator spotting but the only things he has been alarmed about were a shiny party baloon and a drone, both items he considered should not be invading his air space.
    He was very "difficult" at bed time on the boat but now we are home he has just gone straight to sleep in his big cage. All the fresh air, heat and excitement must have worn him out. I hope he has got his land legs back and doesn't fall off the perch in his sleep.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

15. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-18-2017), kendrafitz (06-18-2017), Lady (06-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    30 degrees is approximately 85 degrees "f". That's plenty warm. Great weather to be out on the boat. Lucky Casper.

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-18-2017), Lady (06-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Ah nothing like a good pair of land legs! I won't leave home without them .

19. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-19-2017), Dragonlady2 (06-18-2017)