User Tag List

Thread: IE and Flash problems

How do I go about updating that Flash Plugin??? If the system sends me a message that something needs to be updated I just follow that but where do I even begin with this? So lost.

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)

IE and Flash problems

Quote Originally Posted by Macaw Lover View Post
    How do I go about updating that Flash Plugin??? If the system sends me a message that something needs to be updated I just follow that but where do I even begin with this? So lost.
    Which browser are you using?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

I have IE7 and like using Google

Parrots

I have IE7 and like using Google
    Oops. Forgot to ask... what's your OS version? Win 7?

But in any case, I would try going here first and clicking the install button.

Yes, it is Windows 7

I tried using that link and have everything else shut down but it kept telling me to shut down IE, but how could that be when I have everything else closed?

Times like this ............

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (06-03-2017)

Parrots

Yes, it is Windows 7

I tried using that link and have everything else shut down but it kept telling me to shut down IE, but how could that be when I have everything else closed?

Times like this ............
    It should bring up a dialog that's independent of IE and that will remain open until the Flash update has completed. It needs IE closed in order to update its ActiveX component. If it doesn't work, I would attribute it to the older version of IE that you're using (IE7, right?) and probably upgrade to IE 11.

When I tried upgrading in the past it would not complete and I just gave up trying. You know me and how dumb I am with the computers!

Heck, I had tried just today to ask a question on the AFA Yahoo group and could fill in the subject line but to write the text in the body of it, the cursor will not go down to that field. Happened to me also when I tried posting something to another Yahoo group and I sent an email to the owner of that group and to find out a few others have that issue too but a lot of others don't.

I just hate it when I don't know what to do and not like I want to even think of buying another computer as that is not even a possibility right now.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    When I tried upgrading in the past it would not complete and I just gave up trying. You know me and how dumb I am with the computers!

Heck, I had tried just today to ask a question on the AFA Yahoo group and could fill in the subject line but to write the text in the body of it, the cursor will not go down to that field. Happened to me also when I tried posting something to another Yahoo group and I sent an email to the owner of that group and to find out a few others have that issue too but a lot of others don't.

I just hate it when I don't know what to do and not like I want to even think of buying another computer as that is not even a possibility right now.
    Off hand, your Yahoo Groups issue sounds like a script that's intermittently failing to load with the page.

I believe you can download the installation file for IE 11. That should work far better than installing it from the source. I think everyone encounters computer problems from time to time. It's part of life

Sooooooo, where do I go to get it then?

So confusing

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Sooooooo, where do I go to get it then?

So confusing
    Here's a link for the download page for IE11 for Win 7 (64-bit): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...7-details.aspx

And here's a direct download link for IE11 for Win 7 (32-bit): http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...-x86-en-us.exe