User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green cheek & crimson rosella compatibility

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Another option would be to skip getting another bird and invest in an extra television to leave on during the day. My birds love music and cartoons. You might be able to find a cartoon station that would keep your bird entertained while you are away.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Good idea Helena, I put the radio on for mine.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I understand what it's like having only one bird. I go back and fourth myself wondering if having another bird would be a good idea. I have even considered a list of pro's and con's. It all sound's reasonable until I end up staring at how much time I can supply to now two birds.
    I ask myself do I give up the relationship I now have with her so she can have a relationship with a possible friend? Can I handle that? Am I doing her more harm than good keeping things the way they are? Is there someone who would be better for her? I decided to stop beating myself up about it as long as she is healthy and happy life will go on the way it is and I will continue to give her much love and attention as I can.
    Hopefully she will be able to handle me when I retire from the working world and am at her side 24/7.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-26-2017), Quakerella (05-26-2017)

Different birds have different personalities. You should observe them for a few days. They might get along.

Parrots

None myself I am researching Crimson Rosella and Australian King Parrots
    Can I please check if you have the Crimson Rosella if you would be interested in assisting me with a research project, on this species in the wild? Please email me at Michelle.Plant@sydney.edu.au