User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green cheek & crimson rosella compatibility

Parrots

Green Cheek Conure

Green cheek & crimson rosella compatibility

Hi all,
    New member here. Was wondering if Green Cheek conures and Crimson Rosella get along?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to Precisely Parrots!
    What do you mean get along? As in together in one cage? Or getting along if they are both out of their cages?

3. The following user likes this post:

Lady (05-19-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi and Welcome,

I also am unsure what you mean.

Any two birds can get along or not, it completely depends on their personality. Every bird is different, I have a blue quaker that loves to play with cockatiels and a green quaker that will attack them.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-17-2017), Lady (05-19-2017)

Parrots

Green Cheek Conure
    One cage

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I would never put two birds together in one cage until you are 100% sure they will get along. Even then anything can go wrong.

Rosellas are very timid birds and do better on their own or with another they have grown up with. The slightest unexpected noise or quick movement can throw them into a frenzy. If you are thinking of two birds I would put them in their own cage and give them some supervised play time together so you know how each responds to the other.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-18-2017), Lady (05-19-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I agree with Rosalyn. Better to keep them separate and supervise their time out together. Even birds that have grown up together can become quite irritated with each other when they go through puberty.
    Last edited by Dragonlady2; 05-22-2017 at 12:34 PM.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (05-19-2017), Quakerella (05-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    @x101xares;

Welcome to P.P.!

If I read your profile correctly you have the GCC. Are you considering on getting h/her a buddy?

Parrots

Green Cheek Conure
    Thanks for your input Rosalyn and dragon.

Parrots

Green Cheek Conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    @x101xares;

Welcome to P.P.!

If I read your profile correctly you have the GCC. Are you considering on getting h/her a buddy?
    Yes I am, most of the day we both work and was considering a Rosella, but I will stick with another conure instead.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Even getting another conure does not guarantee they will get along. You probably should still cage them separately. They could really hurt each other if they decide they don't want to share space and you wouldn't be home to stop it.
    What kind of conure are you thinking of getting?

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (05-25-2017), Quakerella (05-22-2017)