User Tag List

Thread: Which is better for a Green Cheek Conure? RoudyBush or Harrison's?

Parrots

Kai ~ (Female) ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure

Which is better for a Green Cheek Conure? RoudyBush or Harrison's?

I had received some sample pellets from RoudyBush and I need some opinions. Should I feed Kai, my Turquoise Green Cheek Conure, RoudyBush or Harrison's? I'm leaning a tad bit closer to Harrison's since it's organic. Your guys' thoughts?
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Sorry, I wish I could give some advice but I have not used either of these. I know someone will be here soon that has first hand experience.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-12-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (05-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I feed my conures Roudybush and TOPs. I know the vets really seem to push Harrison's, but my birds don' t like it. I mostly depend on fresh chop everyday with pellets as the side dish.
    It wouldn't hurt to have Kai on two or more pellets mixed together. Strange things happen, like recalls, out of stock, birds decide they don't like it anymore. It gives you options.

5. The following 4 users like this post:

Lady (05-13-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-13-2017), Quakerella (05-12-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (05-12-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Which does Kai prefer?

If she likes both then either alternate or mix. Variety and choice: all parrots demand this, making our lives easy is not on their list of priorities.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-12-2017), Lady (05-13-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-13-2017), Quakerella (05-12-2017)

Parrots

Kai ~ (Female) ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Which does Kai prefer?

If she likes both then either alternate or mix. Variety and choice: all parrots demand this, making our lives easy is not on their list of priorities.
    I don't have a sample of the Harrison's pellets but she does seem to like the RoudyBush pellets. I guess I'll give Harrison's a try and she if she'll like those. Thank you for you feedback!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    I feed my conures Roudybush and TOPs. I know the vets really seem to push Harrison's, but my birds don' t like it. I mostly depend on fresh chop everyday with pellets as the side dish.
    It wouldn't hurt to have Kai on two or more pellets mixed together. Strange things happen, like recalls, out of stock, birds decide they don't like it anymore. It gives you options.
    Thats a great idea!! Thank you for your feedback!!
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

9. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-13-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-12-2017), Lady (05-13-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-13-2017)

Parrots

1 Sun Conure, 6 Zebra Fiches, 6 Gouldian Finches, 6 Society Finches, 16 Bearded Dragons, 8 Crested Geckos, and 8 Gargoyle Geckos
    My Sun Conure was raised on Roudybush, but I switched him to Tropical Carnival ZOO-Vital a few years ago. He took the transition pretty well, but it took a bit of time. I actually feed him the Cockatiel version. It's the same formula as the conure diet but the pellets are a little smaller and similar to the size of the Roudybush pellets. These pellets are a little bigger than Roudybush and easier for him to hold with his feet.

Tropical Carnival ZOO-Vital Parrot & Conure Pellets