User Tag List

Thread: Is it love???

Threaded View

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I think it may be more of a macaw thing and a cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing. I've seen lots of 'toos do it as well. As for my four macs, Zaf and Salsa do the up n down bobbing all the time. Whereas Jack hasn't ever done it during the nearly 36 years he's been with me! He does however do his side-to-side swaying.

So since Jack and Lucky are both B&Gs, this suggests to me that the bobbing-dance proneness may not be so much species-related as it may be personality-related. But I also think both of those aspects may contribute to some degree.

Then there's Maynard. He does neither the bobbing nor the swaying... so go figure . This all suggests that while the up n down bobbing seems more of a macaw and cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing, it as well seems to be directly related to a bird's particular personality. In any case, I think it's a cute and interesting trait
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-11-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-12-2017), kendrafitz (05-13-2017), Lady (05-13-2017)