User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it love???

Parrots

B&G (Jack), MM (Maynard), Hy (Zaf), GW (Salsa), NC (Bozley)
    I think it may be more of a macaw thing and a cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing. I've seen lots of 'toos do it as well. As for my four macs, Zaf and Salsa do the up n down bobbing all the time. Whereas Jack hasn't ever done it during the nearly 36 years he's been with me! He does however do his side-to-side swaying.

So since Jack and Lucky are both B&Gs, this suggests to me that the bobbing-dance proneness may not be so much species-related as it may be personality-related. But I also think both of those aspects may contribute to some degree.

Then there's Maynard. He does neither the bobbing nor the swaying... so go figure . This all suggests that while the up n down bobbing seems more of a macaw and cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing, it as well seems to be directly related to a bird's particular personality. In any case, I think it's a cute and interesting trait
    "Please adopt older birds!"

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-11-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-12-2017), kendrafitz (05-13-2017), Lady (05-13-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Is it love???

I love seeing birds do the swaying dance. Rosie doesn't do it but I wish she would. It so reminds me of Stevie Wonder and puts a big smile on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 05-14-2017 at 02:09 AM.
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-23-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-13-2017), Lady (05-13-2017)

It's love! he looks very sweet.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-23-2017), Dragonlady2 (06-23-2017), Lady (06-24-2017), Quakerella (06-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I think it may be more of a macaw thing and a cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing. I've seen lots of 'toos do it as well. As for my four macs, Zaf and Salsa do the up n down bobbing all the time. Whereas Jack hasn't ever done it during the nearly 36 years he's been with me! He does however do his side-to-side swaying.

So since Jack and Lucky are both B&Gs, this suggests to me that the bobbing-dance proneness may not be so much species-related as it may be personality-related. But I also think both of those aspects may contribute to some degree.

Then there's Maynard. He does neither the bobbing nor the swaying... so go figure . This all suggests that while the up n down bobbing seems more of a macaw and cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing, it as well seems to be directly related to a bird's particular personality. In any case, I think it's a cute and interesting trait
    You're right. It really is a cute and interesting trait. Also, I really like the message in your signature to adopt older birds.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-05-2018), Lady (10-12-2018), PlaxMacaws (10-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    I love seeing birds do the swaying dance. Rosie doesn't do it but I wish she would. It so reminds me of Stevie Wonder and puts a big smile on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I too love watching the swaying dance. I have a couple that do. Adopted an older bird the other day. Feeling happy.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-11-2018), kendrafitz (11-11-2018), Lady (11-16-2018), PlaxMacaws (11-11-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanHenke View Post
    I too love watching the swaying dance. I have a couple that do. Adopted an older bird the other day. Feeling happy.
    Welcome to the forum Nathan. Looking forward to you starting a thread about your bird(s)... with pics
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-11-2018), Lady (11-16-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine,Mookie-Senegal,Bella- Australian King,Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure,Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! Yes...please tell us how you came to adopt an older bird.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Welcome from me as well. Heck I want to hear everything about your flock!