User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it love???

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I think it may be more of a macaw thing and a cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing. I've seen lots of 'toos do it as well. As for my four macs, Zaf and Salsa do the up n down bobbing all the time. Whereas Jack hasn't ever done it during the nearly 36 years he's been with me! He does however do his side-to-side swaying.

So since Jack and Lucky are both B&Gs, this suggests to me that the bobbing-dance proneness may not be so much species-related as it may be personality-related. But I also think both of those aspects may contribute to some degree.

Then there's Maynard. He does neither the bobbing nor the swaying... so go figure . This all suggests that while the up n down bobbing seems more of a macaw and cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing, it as well seems to be directly related to a bird's particular personality. In any case, I think it's a cute and interesting trait
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-11-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-12-2017), kendrafitz (05-13-2017), Lady (05-13-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Is it love???

I love seeing birds do the swaying dance. Rosie doesn't do it but I wish she would. It so reminds me of Stevie Wonder and puts a big smile on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kendrafitz; 05-14-2017 at 01:09 AM.
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-23-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-13-2017), Lady (05-13-2017)

It's love! he looks very sweet.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-23-2017), Dragonlady2 (06-23-2017), Lady (06-24-2017), Quakerella (06-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I think it may be more of a macaw thing and a cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing. I've seen lots of 'toos do it as well. As for my four macs, Zaf and Salsa do the up n down bobbing all the time. Whereas Jack hasn't ever done it during the nearly 36 years he's been with me! He does however do his side-to-side swaying.

So since Jack and Lucky are both B&Gs, this suggests to me that the bobbing-dance proneness may not be so much species-related as it may be personality-related. But I also think both of those aspects may contribute to some degree.

Then there's Maynard. He does neither the bobbing nor the swaying... so go figure . This all suggests that while the up n down bobbing seems more of a macaw and cockatoo thing than a general parrot thing, it as well seems to be directly related to a bird's particular personality. In any case, I think it's a cute and interesting trait
    You're right. It really is a cute and interesting trait. Also, I really like the message in your signature to adopt older birds.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-05-2018), Lady (10-12-2018), PlaxMacaws (10-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    I love seeing birds do the swaying dance. Rosie doesn't do it but I wish she would. It so reminds me of Stevie Wonder and puts a big smile on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I too love watching the swaying dance. I have a couple that do. Adopted an older bird the other day. Feeling happy.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-11-2018), kendrafitz (11-11-2018), Lady (11-16-2018), PlaxMacaws (11-11-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanHenke View Post
    I too love watching the swaying dance. I have a couple that do. Adopted an older bird the other day. Feeling happy.
    Welcome to the forum Nathan. Looking forward to you starting a thread about your bird(s)... with pics
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-11-2018), Lady (11-16-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! Yes...please tell us how you came to adopt an older bird.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Welcome from me as well. Heck I want to hear everything about your flock!

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Fantastic video. At least he wasn't climbing down your arm to play in the water or turn on the tap. Casper also loves to be on a shoulder when we are doing stuff, he takes a great interest in making sure we are doing things right. He is however about a quarter of the weight of Lucky so it must be quite a strain on your back muscles. Osteopaths are expensive!
    Wow, I really love parrots. Parrots are amazing because they can copy your sound and they bite really very hard. They like chillies and their eggs are also amazing.

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-08-2020)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    GeorgeBernard, do you have any parrots yourself? How did you become interested in them?