User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casper has hit the big Three-Oh

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.

Casper has hit the big Three-Oh

Yep, Casper is 30 years old tomorrow so as a treat we are taking him on a short holiday to Devon. Its quite a long road trip so we have his flight cage strapped to a pallet in the back of our Citroen XM break so he can see out the windows. We will be wafting along in executive smooothness of 1996 vintage. Not quite as smooth as our 1973 Citroen DS but that's progress for you.
    One, possibly two nights in at Sandy Cove Hotel with sea views. They emailed me an offer of a night's stay at 2/3 of what we paid when we stayed there in 2011. It would have been rude not to accept. When we are settled in we will try and blag another night at the same rate, working on the theory that a room with people paying is better than an empty room mid-week.
    I will be taking photies but possibly won't be able to post them until we get back. I'm not sure if they have wifi at the hotel
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), kendrafitz (05-02-2017), Lady (05-01-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-01-2017), Quakerella (05-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Wish Casper a happy birthday for me. Wow....30 years old, that's amazing. Have a great trip

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (05-01-2017), Quakerella (05-02-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Happy Birth/Hatch Day, Casper

And best of luck with your drive and the room situation! Looking forward to the pics

He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (05-01-2017), Quakerella (05-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    What a great reason for a trip! and many more to you Casper. I'm sure he will enjoy himself as will you guys too. Looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing the pics too.

8. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (05-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Sounds like a great trip.

Happy Birthday Casper

Parrots

Kai ~ (Female) ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
    Happy Birthday Casper!! Wish you all a safe and fun trip!!

Sorry having too much fun with the smilies!!

Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), Quakerella (05-02-2017)

Parrots

Thanks for all your good wishes, we are all excited
    Heavy rain overnight, what better reason to get away do we need? Ooh, the suns just broken through, that should make loading the car easier.

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-01-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (05-01-2017)

Parrots

We've arrived and WOW, Casper is very impressed that he has his cage on a coffee table next to a big picture window with Panoramic views of the coast. Pictures to follow later, chilling at the moment after the long drive.

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), Lady (05-05-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-02-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (05-01-2017)

Parrots

Its after dinner now, Casper had his meds in a spoonful of lemon posset that we took back to our room from the restaurantand has now been covered up for the night. He has enjoyed his special day, meeting people who came to admire him when we had rest breaks during the drive here, then we called in to see M's aunt and uncle who live quite close to where we are staying and that was exciting for him. Then another twenty minute drive through the twisting lanes of Devon to the hotel. This is the view from our room.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1083.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	4914
    Here he is contentedly perched on top of his cage admiring the view

Name:	IMG_1087.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	4915
    And then he nodded off to sleep

Name:	IMG_1092.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	4916
    I have more pics on my phone but Onedrive is being silly because I am at an uknown location. I will try again when I am sober

17. The following 7 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), kendrafitz (05-02-2017), Lady (05-05-2017), luckyandjenn (05-02-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-02-2017), Quakerella (05-02-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (05-01-2017)

Parrots

Kai ~ (Female) ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
    The view is beautiful!!!
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

19. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-04-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), Lady (05-05-2017), PlaxMacaws (05-02-2017)