User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mine mine mine my feather

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Your right the larger feathers wouldn't make a good pillow, but maybe we could make something for our birds. I was thinking about the cozy hut I've seen online and in other's cages. Maybe it would help insulate the hut to keep they warm in the cold months.
    I save some of Lady's feathers but not all the little fluffy ones, I just don't know what to do with them, she is much smaller than your guys and they are too. Maybe you could (or anyone who might be interested) post some pics of the smaller fluffy ones. Compared to Lady's they're big.
    In our case, such a hut or pillow would be lucky to last 5 minutes before becoming mutilated beyond recognition. And that applies to each of my guys except Zaf. He'd be terrified of the thing. There are plenty of smaller feathers around here to photograph. So yes, if you want I should be able to snap a pic or two of some of them.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-01-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), Lady (05-04-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Feathers are fantastic. From the tiny tiny ones around the beak to the long and elegant primary flight and tail feathers. All different, some with down attached, and then all the colours. Can you imagine the parts catalogue at FeathersRus. Its not surprising Casper occasionally gets it wrong and has a yellow one amongst all the green.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-01-2017), Lady (05-04-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Ha ha ha i just got back on scenc this post id have to say chewie was quite proud to be playing with such a large feather the whole pillow thing thoe just like down goose feathers wouldnt you risk getting stabed with the end of the little feathers thats one reason thoe i love feather filled pillows i dont sleep on them lol and yes pinn feathers all over im lucky thoe cause lucky like his pin scratched and such lol hope you all are enjoyingthe beginning of the week

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (05-04-2017)