User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Socialization is going great

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Socialization is going great

So whe. I took lucky to the beach the other day i met up with my neice we had lucky and chewie she .oved chewie she was super interested in lucky she wanted to compare their weights and such lol and asked if she could step him up i said sure i was right there with her he stayed just long enough for a few pics my neice is so brave and such an animal lover im so proud of lucky ...... fyi i was ho.ding the leash in the pic and my neices mother was there and was the one who took the pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170419_165547.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	4897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170419_165542.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	4898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170419_165546.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	4899

end results a happy neice that could not belive how much bigger and heavier lucky was lol aww these pics melt my heart lucky has come such a far way and my cute neice is so big and brave

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-25-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), plax (04-25-2017), Quakerella (04-25-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Great pics. Your niece is pretty brave to have a bird as big as Lucky on her arm.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (04-26-2017), luckyandjenn (04-25-2017), plax (04-25-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Great pics. Your niece is pretty brave to have a bird as big as Lucky on her arm.
    Thats what i thought she asked to step him up i was like are you sure she said yes i told her let me know when you want me to take him back lol shes so great and did a great job with lucky i love her so much lol

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-25-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), plax (04-25-2017), Quakerella (04-25-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Nice experience for both of them
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-25-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), luckyandjenn (04-25-2017), Quakerella (04-25-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Lovely to see youngsters getting involved. Your niece is pretty strong.

Casper loves children and often copies their sounds without actually saying anything. When a neighbour's kid came to see him he asked why Casper wasn't shut in his cage. I replied with another question: How would you like to be kept in a cage? That made him think about a situation that he had always taken for granted.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-25-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), luckyandjenn (04-25-2017), plax (04-25-2017), Quakerella (04-26-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Nice experience for both of them
    Indeed makes me proud lucky sure has come along way i think its cool that my neice was not scared and actually was the one who asked for the interaction it was funny she was like hes heavy and huge i was like i know how do you think i feel lol always having to tote him around lol

12. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), plax (04-25-2017), Quakerella (04-26-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Lovely to see youngsters getting involved. Your niece is pretty strong.

Casper loves children and often copies their sounds without actually saying anything. When a neighbour's kid came to see him he asked why Casper wasn't shut in his cage. I replied with another question: How would you like to be kept in a cage? That made him think about a situation that he had always taken for granted.
    Ya know she sure is and brave at her age and size lol to have such a hefty bird sitting on her arm like that. Aww its cute casper is so friendly and omg kids ask the darnest things lol i was also asked if he was caged most the time and i said o no hes the boss of the house lol and i get asked if hes my pet alot. Im like well yes very much so but hes my companion not so much a pet

14. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-26-2017), Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), plax (04-25-2017), Quakerella (04-26-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Awesome job on all your parts! It isn't so easy to be so brave. I know she will remember this for a long time. So glad you all had a nice visit.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017), Quakerella (04-26-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Awesome job on all your parts! It isn't so easy to be so brave. I know she will remember this for a long time. So glad you all had a nice visit.
    Thanks i relized i was the one scared of letting lucky be held by others because i dont think i trusted lucky fully all the way as i did not know his intenisons towradsothers lol once i was ok with people stepping him up he was ok with it lol he was feeding off my vibes lol as soon as i changed the way i was thinking he was good to go and yes im enthused that my neice was brave enough strong enough to step lucky up . It was a great vist i hope shell keep wanting to work with lucky which im sure she will as she thought he was so cool

18. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-26-2017), Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017), Lady (04-27-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-26-2017), Quakerella (04-26-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    ...Im like well yes very much so but hes my companion not so much a pet
    Excellent response, people need to get away from the idea of owning parrots and realise that they are companions that because of their intelligence need to be treated pretty much like one of the family.

Its good that we can spread the word.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

20. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017), Lady (04-27-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-26-2017), Quakerella (04-26-2017)