User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring chicks

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Spring chicks

Here are the newest addition to my flock i will post the rest of the flock in a bit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1493057419160.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	4896

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-25-2017), Dragonlady2 (04-25-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), plax (04-25-2017), Quakerella (04-25-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (04-25-2017)

Parrots

Kai ~ (Female) ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
    They're adorable!!

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-25-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), Quakerella (04-25-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsFowlPlay View Post
    They're adorable!!

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
    I know right lolz im blessed with good looking pets thats means my chickens too lol

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-25-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (04-25-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Aww, they are cute!

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017), Quakerella (05-04-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (04-26-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Aww, they are cute!
    They are cute and they grow way diffrent than baby parrots its quite amazing i love being a momma to my flock the adults of the flock whic i will post today ive had for over a year i raised them as chicks too luckys the only bird that i did get as a babby

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (04-27-2017), plax (04-26-2017), Quakerella (05-04-2017)

Parrots

Here is the reast of my flock ms.meeseeks

Name:	Collage 2017-04-26 08_28_13.jpg 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	4906

- - - Updated - - -

Stella luna bird

Name:	Collage 2017-04-26 08_35_53.jpg 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	4907

12. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-26-2017), Dragonlady2 (05-03-2017), Lady (04-27-2017), plax (04-26-2017), Quakerella (04-26-2017)

Nice birds you have.

14. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (05-04-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen12 View Post
    Nice birds you have.
    Dawwww well thank you i sure do love them all

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Jenn - is there any advice you can give me about raising baby chicks? I got 4 Speckled Sussex chicks that I am raising for friends. They are 6 days old now.

I know absolutely nothing about chickens. I thought it would be great to do with my daughter for the summer. We have been handling and cuddling with them regularly hoping to ensure they will be people friendly.

As with Rosie, I didn't think it through and am now a nervous wreck. I have been scouring forums and articles on the web. I just want to be sure that I am doing the right things and they will grow and be healthy. I have been waking up several times a night to check on them just to make sure everyone is still breathing. They are so small and sweet and I love them already.

I got chick starter feed and bedding pellets when I got the babies. They were so unsteady on their feet that I took the pellets out of their crate and put in cloth diapers. But I change their bedding 3 times a day so I also used towels and placemats as well. They seemed much more comfortable once I made the change. They are much sturdier now so I am thinking of changing back to the pellets as it seems more sanitary.

I am now going to bombard you with questions:

I read that it is a good idea to add hard boiled egg yolk to their feed after bring them home. Which I did and they loved it. Should I give this to them all the time or just for a couple days?

I cut up some grapes yesterday morning and they pecked a bit at them. But I have noticed they are sometimes having trouble pooping. I only gave them the grapes once and washed everyone's tush. Is there anything I should do? They are now eating only feed and I ordered grit but it won't be here until Tuesday. Do I need to get grit immediately since they had grapes?

Yesterday I laid down in their play area and they all came over to me and pecked my freckles. Then they came to my face and I kissed them which they seemed to like. They then snuggled under my neck and a couple pecked at my neck while there. I'm not sure what that means, do you know? They weren't trapped there and could move around.

I have been putting apple cider vinegar in their water as I read that helps with "pasty butt". With the pooping issue I thought it was a good idea. Is that something you use?

Last question, is it too early to bring them outside to peck the ground in a confined area? I haven't read any definitive age on that.

Sorry for the bombardment. I am just nervous with these girls. When I got Rosie I was in contact with the store daily so I had lots of help. I got these girls from a feed store so I feel clueless.
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I found this link which may add to your confusion
    http://www.almanac.com/blog/raising-...ng-baby-chicks
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

18. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (07-01-2017)