User Tag List

Thread: Thinking of volenteering in the conservation of macs

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Thinking of volenteering in the conservation of macs

So i went to the earth day thing they had at balboa park in san deigo and there was a tent there for organization called Intwetwined conservation corp. They are working to preserve wild life and their habits in costa rica. their flagship species is the scarlet macaw im awaiting more info as of now i know they pick up rehabilate and release im super intrested i think its a small step into helping these guys flourish in the wild like they deserve too

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-24-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), plax (04-25-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    You go girl!

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-24-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), luckyandjenn (04-25-2017), plax (04-25-2017)

Parrots

So im still waiting back to hear from the volunteer coordinator which is some other group they partnered with called Hatched to Fly Free which is the base id like to volunteer i have the money for a palne ticket and i have most camping type gear best part is my hubby has my back and is happy i found so thing id like to suport now to wait for more info ill keep postings all updates on the topic here

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-25-2017), Dragonlady2 (04-25-2017), Lady (04-26-2017), plax (04-25-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Sounds great can't wait to hear more about it.

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    So im still waiting back to hear from the volunteer coordinator which is some other group they partnered with called Hatched to Fly Free which is the base id like to volunteer i have the money for a palne ticket and i have most camping type gear best part is my hubby has my back and is happy i found so thing id like to suport now to wait for more info ill keep postings all updates on the topic here
    So if I'm understanding correctly, Jenn, you are considering traveling to South America in order to assist in an organization's parrot-saving efforts there. If that's correct, one concern I have would be that should you sign on to such a species conservation project and then actually fly to the country where they have operations in place to become an active part of that project's team, what's going to happen to Lucky?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-26-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Sounds great can't wait to hear more about it.
    I have to re email them to find out more as i havent heard

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    So if I'm understanding correctly, Jenn, you are considering traveling to South America in order to assist in an organization's parrot-saving efforts there. If that's correct, one concern I have would be that should you sign on to such a species conservation project and then actually fly to the country where they have operations in place to become an active part of that project's team, what's going to happen to Lucky?
    Yes i have thought of that and im still looking into it all they have two diffrent volenteer options ones a months time there which i wont do because im luckys main care giver and he needs me the one im looking into is a time period of a week i at least want to finish gathreing the info and if i dont think going out to help will fit in with my life well then i could always support them by buying their merchindise or donate money to them but i do want to try the option for a week as i never get to travle it would be a great vacay to learn about somthing i love but we shall see ill keep updates on the topic here

Lucky is more than a pet to me i would never leave him behind to go and try and save more macs lol hes my main squeeze

13. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-03-2017), kendrafitz (04-27-2017), Lady (04-27-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-26-2017)

That’s a great thought.

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-03-2017), Lady (05-05-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen12 View Post
    That’s a great thought.
    Thanks i thought it would be pretty neat to give back to big macs as my big mac has made such a huge mark in my life but now i play the waiting game seems like the main coordinator in prue is busy which is tottaly understandable but im eager to find out more so i can help lol

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (05-05-2017), plax (05-04-2017)

Good Luck!

19. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-09-2017)