User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eeeekkkieeee omg first flight

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    WOW What a wonderful thing for Lucky. Now he knows thanks to you that he CAN do it! This is a very exciting time.

Keep an extra eye on how well his harness is holding up when he becomes a master in flight. Got to make sure he never flies away without you!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-19-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-20-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    And that pride is certainly justified! Actually, I was trying to interpret his vocals during flight. I have some ideas on it, which I may comment on later (nothing bad). I have a doctor appointment today and some other things to take care of, so I'll check in a bit later.
    Thank you and ill wait for your thoughts latter i hope you apt goes well and you have an awsome day taking lucky to the beach

4. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (04-20-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    Thank you and ill wait for your thoughts latter i hope you apt goes well and you have an awsome day taking lucky to the beach
    Yes, all went very well. Thank you, Jenn

I've noticed from your other video clips that Lucky is a very vocal B&G. My B&G, Jack, OTOH, is not nearly as vocal. He can be hugely loud when he wants to be.. but he seldom does. He's truly on the quiet side for a macaw. So one big factor is that Lucky clearly enjoys expressing himself with his utterances. Importantly, and very understandably, among the most important things for him to express will be his emotions. That said, he has to be feeling some pretty great exhilaration as he's finally allowed to fly in a somewhat free setting! Flight is one of the main, natural things a bird wants to do. Therefore, I'm fairly convinced Lucky is expressing sheer excitement while he's flying to you. And that's not a bad thing at all. The level of vocalization he emits is just his personal way of being Lucky. Each of these guys is an amazingly unique individual! In terms of personality, no two of the same species are even alike. To me, Lucky's cackling vocals are quite endearing. I actually love to hear them

So that's what I think may be going on with Lucky as he's flying to you. But I have to say, too, that it's hard to know for certain because I only see small snippets of him interacting with you in the videos you post. However, the above is my current best guess from what I've observed
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-19-2017), kendrafitz (04-20-2017), Lady (04-20-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you i sure am proud of this big ole rainbow chicken lol

8. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (04-20-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-20-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Great work with Lucky - the first time is always the hardest, like riding a bike

Tony, I hope you are Ok. I had Osteopath visit this morning for my bad back and dentist this afternoon for an abscess. In between I had my haircut on a day when the windchill is making it feel like minus flippin heck. Tomorrow will be better
    Yes i guess it is much like riding a bike the first time lucky did very well with his flight lessons at the beach unfortunately my phone dide on me as i would have loved to get a clip of him flying down by the beach ...
    O boy i hope you get some back relife i know how that goes i was born with spina bifda so my lower back is always in some sort of pain lol i hop your dr apts went well and that you feel better soon

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-20-2017), Lady (04-21-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    That is amazing Jen, you should be proud of all you have accomplished with Lucky in such a short period of time.
    Thank you im super proud of him im pretty proud to of all ive learned and taught him in these months ive had him i cant belive how quickly hes bonded to me and how much hes changed all in good way scenc hes been home

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (04-21-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-20-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    WOW What a wonderful thing for Lucky. Now he knows thanks to you that he CAN do it! This is a very exciting time.

Keep an extra eye on how well his harness is holding up when he becomes a master in flight. Got to make sure he never flies away without you!
    Thank you and yes he can do it and is becomming more confident in himself and o boy yes i always inspect his harnesses in fact i just had to buy a new one as im having a hard time teaching him to not chew the weird thing on his body lol

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-20-2017), Lady (04-21-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-20-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Yes, all went very well. Thank you, Jenn

I've noticed from your other video clips that Lucky is a very vocal B&G. My B&G, Jack, OTOH, is not nearly as vocal. He can be hugely loud when he wants to be.. but he seldom does. He's truly on the quiet side for a macaw. So one big factor is that Lucky clearly enjoys expressing himself with his utterances. Importantly, and very understandably, among the most important things for him to express will be his emotions. That said, he has to be feeling some pretty great exhilaration as he's finally allowed to fly in a somewhat free setting! Flight is one of the main, natural things a bird wants to do. Therefore, I'm fairly convinced Lucky is expressing sheer excitement while he's flying to you. And that's not a bad thing at all. The level of vocalization he emits is just his personal way of being Lucky. Each of these guys is an amazingly unique individual! In terms of personality, no two of the same species are even alike. To me, Lucky's cackling vocals are quite endearing. I actually love to hear them

So that's what I think may be going on with Lucky as he's flying to you. But I have to say, too, that it's hard to know for certain because I only see small snippets of him interacting with you in the videos you post. However, the above is my current best guess from what I've observed
    Good to hear your apts went well for we all know us hooman companions must take care of ourselfs so we can take care of our feathered and non feathered friends
    Its nice to know that that i xan give him the freedom to screach and holler in his crackly voices. i love that he can be loud at times but he also has his days like today when hes quite and chillaxin lol im happy that i seem to be providing a pretty swell life for him im so excited for him to fly i scream yell and hollar with him lol also his socialzition is going great he leat several people hold and pet him. I think he was picking up my fear of not knowing how hed act towards someone i had to change my mind frame as soon as i was ok with him bing steped up by someone he was more willing to step up and hang with them for a bit before i took him back. He sure is changing my life for the best

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-20-2017), Lady (04-21-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-20-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Tony, I hope you are Ok. I had Osteopath visit this morning for my bad back and dentist this afternoon for an abscess. In between I had my haircut on a day when the windchill is making it feel like minus flippin heck. Tomorrow will be better
    Yep. All went a-okay. Getting older and dealing with bodily changes can surely present some inconveniences here and there for us . Thanks, Jean-Pierre

18. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-20-2017), kendrafitz (04-20-2017), Lady (04-21-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    Good to hear your apts went well for we all know us hooman companions must take care of ourselfs so we can take care of our feathered and non feathered friends
    Its nice to know that that i xan give him the freedom to screach and holler in his crackly voices. i love that he can be loud at times but he also has his days like today when hes quite and chillaxin lol im happy that i seem to be providing a pretty swell life for him im so excited for him to fly i scream yell and hollar with him lol also his socialzition is going great he leat several people hold and pet him. I think he was picking up my fear of not knowing how hed act towards someone i had to change my mind frame as soon as i was ok with him bing steped up by someone he was more willing to step up and hang with them for a bit before i took him back. He sure is changing my life for the best
    I think you're an amazing new macaw-mom, Jenn

20. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-20-2017), Dragonlady2 (04-20-2017), Lady (04-21-2017), luckyandjenn (04-20-2017)