User Tag List

Thread: Pants are now a toy iteam

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Pants are now a toy iteam

Lolz lucky is so funny alot of the time my shirts and pants esp if they are bright colors become a fun toy nyone els bird do this lol it sure does tickle

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-16-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-16-2017), Quakerella (04-16-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Lucky is so gentle when he is checking out your pants. I have "bird clothes" that I only wear when they are out. They all have holes in them...lol.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

PlaxMacaws (04-16-2017), Quakerella (04-16-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Lucky is so gentle when he is checking out your pants. I have "bird clothes" that I only wear when they are out. They all have holes in them...lol.
    Ya know im pretty lucky lol i can wear my few only peics of jewlery i own and nice stuff as thats about as rough as he gets with it
    Actually in the last month ive learned to play hes super mouthy but super gentel ive got to find a way to get a vidoe next time were playing

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I wonder if he thinks he can pick up the design as an actual item to hold and play with?

I think both Kendra and Tony have said that their Macs are also gentle with their beaks when it comes to handling their humans.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Pants are now a toy iteam

You are very lucky that Lucky is so gentle with your clothing.

Anything I wear with Rosie gets destroyed. She doesn't like to play with her toys, but she LOVES chewing holes in my clothing. It's my fault, I used to let her grind her beak on my tops as she fell asleep when she was a baby. She didn't do any damage then. But now all bets are off!!

Here are some examples of her handiwork. I have pants that look even worse. As I was taking the pics she came over to inspect and chomp away. Crazy girl.

She is very gentle with me though. Some part of me is almost always in her beak but she doesn't hurt me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-16-2017), Lady (04-19-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-16-2017), Quakerella (04-19-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    I wonder if he thinks he can pick up the design as an actual item to hold and play with?

I think both Kendra and Tony have said that their Macs are also gentle with their beaks when it comes to handling their humans.
    Now im Wondering the same lol i know he loves all the bright stuff i wear and yes its amazing how gentle he is with me with that big ole beak im just now feeling comphy playing with him as hes super beaky and nippy when he plays but its in such a gental sweet its crazy if he put to much pressure i say ouchie and hel let go and look at me all funny

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-16-2017), Lady (04-19-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-16-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    You are very lucky that Lucky is so gentle with your clothing.

Anything I wear with Rosie gets destroyed. She doesn't like to play with her toys, but she LOVES chewing holes in my clothing. It's my fault, I used to let her grind her beak on my tops as she fell asleep when she was a baby. She didn't do any damage then. But now all bets are off!!

Here are some examples of her handiwork. I have pants that look even worse. As I was taking the pics she came over to inspect and chomp away. Crazy girl.

She is very gentle with me though. Some part of me is almost always in her beak but she doesn't hurt me.

O my Rosie look at all your beak work lolz im sry she does that to your stuff and yes ive started playing with lucky and he kept wanting to have my finger or part of my hand in his mouth much like a puppy but i was kinda scared because I didn't know his intentions only having him the 7 months i have had him lll its been over a week and now every am before he comes out of his cage we play while hes on his swing

14. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-16-2017), kendrafitz (04-16-2017), Lady (04-19-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-16-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    O my Rosie look at all your beak work lolz im sry she does that to your stuff and yes ive started playing with lucky and he kept wanting to have my finger or part of my hand in his mouth much like a puppy but i was kinda scared because I didn't know his intentions only having him the 7 months i have had him lll its been over a week and now every am before he comes out of his cage we play while hes on his swing
    No worries, I'm used to it. 1/2 of my wardrobe is styled by Rosie's beak. . It is just embarrassing if someone stops by unannounced and sees me in my holey sweats.

It takes a while to build trust. I wasn't sure even with Rosie in the beginning and we met when she was 2 months old. You adopted Lucky as an adult so it takes time to get to know each other. It's better to go slow, those big beaks are super powerful.

Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-16-2017), Lady (04-19-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-17-2017), Quakerella (04-19-2017)