User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: In case anyone is wondering...

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

In case anyone is wondering...

I was banned from ParrotForums.com today, apparently because I am an administrator here. I can think of no other reason for it. The only explanation provided from PF's staff is the following ban message that I received when I attempted to access their site earlier this evening:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Breaking Rules and Regulations within the forum
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    For the record, I did not receive a warning of any sort. Naturally, I'm curious as to which "rules and regulations" the message is referring to and claiming that I have broken there. Sadly, it appears that I may never learn the answer.

The purpose of my posting about this incident is merely to provide an explanation for why I will no longer be active on Parrot Forums. I'll very much miss interacting with my friends there

2. The following user likes this post:

Animalman2046 (09-16-2014)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    I use to be a Admin of a vary active site. One person who became my friend would jump on and we would take our chit chat (all off topic) to a chat site leaving the forum. Another member joined us and the owner and other admins accused me of trying to start a new site and "stealing members" *rolls eyes* I also know of sites that will ban you if you join another forum like their own.... Its so stupid.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

4. The following 6 users like this post:

Animalman2046 (09-16-2014), Honesty (05-18-2013), keepsmiling (05-18-2013), plax (05-18-2013), roxynoodle (05-18-2013), spiritbird (05-18-2013)

Parrots

Sully, BB, Scooter, Rosie, and Gadget- Green Cheek Conures Fly free Bella, you will be forever loved
    Sorry you got banned.
    I received several warnings from there for being "rude" when I wasn't, they said I should use more emoticons so people know how I mean things.

6. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (05-18-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by cdog View Post
    Sorry you got banned.
    I received several warnings from there for being "rude" when I wasn't, they said I should use more emoticons so people know how I mean things.
    Wow, that's interesting. I've never experienced any issues like that there. And thanks.

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyBorg View Post
    I use to be a Admin of a vary active site. One person who become my friend would jump on and we would take our chit chat (all off topic) to a chat site leaving the forum. Another member joined us and the owner and other admins accused me of trying to start a new site and "stealing members" *rolls eyes* I also know of sites that will banned you if you join another forum like there own.... Its so stupid.
    Yeah, it's a bit hard to understand

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Absurd. Way to try to control people. Sorry you were banned. I know it still stings when you didn't do anything wrong.
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Honesty (05-18-2013), plax (05-18-2013), ShellyBorg (05-18-2013)

I've never heard of this forum. Usually when someone mentions a new forum I get curious and go check it out. This time I won't. I don't like it when people are banned for no good reason. Sorry to hear of this.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (05-18-2013), plax (05-18-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I too was banned last week from the same forum for the same reason. I have not posted there for over 1 year. The thing there is control. A long time moderator there seems to control all the workings and makes up rules to suit the situation. I will mention no names of course. I was a moderator there for several years. There are many members here who used to be members on the PF.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (05-18-2013), plax (05-18-2013)

I was also banned for the same reasons. I was a Moderator on PF. If they carry on like this, they will have no members left

All I have to say on the subject is, Stick with us Guys, we wont ban you. We wont send you warnings if you do not use smiley's.
    We certainly will not send you PMs to tell you that you are posting too much. Just feel free to post away We want you all to feel welcome here. We are a very friendly community

16. The following 7 users like this post:

cdog (05-18-2013), DQ IT (06-06-2013), keepsmiling (05-18-2013), plax (05-18-2013), roxynoodle (05-18-2013), ShellyBorg (05-18-2013), spiritbird (05-18-2013)

Parrots

Greys Sam and Neka Goffins Eddie and Snow Eclectus Juliette Sennie Bella Budgie Bubbles GCC Landon
    Posting to much? Seriously?

18. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (05-18-2013)