User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Golden State!!!

Parrots

Kai ~ (Female) ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure

Red face Hello from the Golden State!!!

Hi there!! I'm new to Precisely Parrots.

I live in Southern California. I have recently claimed a Turqoise Green Cheek Conure named Kai. The baby has not been DNA tested so for now, until I know the gender, I will refer to Kai as an it. Sorry if it sounds a little mean. I hope to take this little one home around may!! Although I'm happy to join the forum!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0714.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	4881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0716 (2).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	4882
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-07-2017), Lady (04-08-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-07-2017), Quakerella (04-07-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi and welcome to PP.

Kai is absolutely adorable. I love the colours of the turquoise GC.

If you got him/her from a breeder they will more than likely be able to do the DNA sexing for you. It is not overly expensive here (in Canada), but not sure about the US.

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-07-2017), Lady (04-08-2017), PlaxMacaws (04-07-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (04-07-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Greetings ThatsFowlPlay. Kai is a super cutie! Please keep us updated about him/her
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-07-2017), Lady (04-08-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (04-07-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! You must be so excited. Your baby is a little sweetie. Are you able to visit Kai?

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (04-08-2017), plax (04-07-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (04-07-2017)

Parrots

Yes I'm able to visit and interact with Kai until I can take it home. But have to wait a few more days until my schedule can clear up till my next visit. Hope to get more pics soon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You must be so excited. Your baby is a little sweetie. Are you able to visit Kai?
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-07-2017), Lady (04-08-2017), plax (04-07-2017), Quakerella (04-07-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello and welcome, how lovely to see the pics of your new friend. A DNA test is over 60 pounds in the UK, so, because Casper hasn't laid an egg in thirty years we are assuming he is male.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-07-2017), Lady (04-08-2017), plax (04-07-2017), ThatsFowlPlay (04-07-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Hello and welcome, how lovely to see the pics of your new friend. A DNA test is over 60 pounds in the UK, so, because Casper hasn't laid an egg in thirty years we are assuming he is male.
    Quite expensive if I do say so myself. I can get it done by the breeder for $20 here is the US. Highly considering getting the little one DNA tested though.
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    A DNA test is over 60 pounds in the UK,
    Wow, that is expensive. The cost in Canada is close to the same as in the U.S. about $20.00

15. The following user likes this post:

ThatsFowlPlay (04-08-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

Thanks for joining our forum! It's very nice to meet you and little Kai. What a cutie s/he is, and the dark green of her feathers is awesome. Can't wait to see what she looks like when s/he is in full feathers.
    May isn't to far away but I know it must be difficult to have to wait till the time comes when s/he can come home. Is a GCC your bird of choice so to speak?

17. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-08-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post

Thanks for joining our forum! It's very nice to meet you and little Kai. What a cutie s/he is, and the dark green of her feathers is awesome. Can't wait to see what she looks like when s/he is in full feathers.
    May isn't to far away but I know it must be difficult to have to wait till the time comes when s/he can come home. Is a GCC your bird of choice so to speak?
    I used to own some budgies and birdie-sat a cockatiel for a few months, so I have some experience. I was originally going to get a Caique, I had my mind set on it, but after doing some research, I was probably not the right fit for that kind of bird. Caiques need ALOT of attention, I mean ALOT. I found this out the hard way when I visited a rescue and was working with a Caique. I mean they're adorable I can tell you that, but they are like devils, in adorable playful disguise. I knew I needed some more experience to take care of that kind of bird, plus have more time to spend with it as I do attend school for about 8 hours. Then after doing more research, I found out about GCCs, they're known to be playful and outgoing, just like Caiques but less, you know, spontaneous. GCCs are know to be a chill bird and more quite than other Conures like Suns. So after doing some looking around for nearby breeders, I found Kai. The little one was only 5 days old when I met it. Not in person for the baby's sake, but with pictures. I absolutely fell in love with it. So I'm hoping for finding out new experiences with Kai with the help of you guys of course.
    Kindest Regards,
    ThatsFowlPlay

19. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-08-2017), Dragonlady2 (04-08-2017), Lady (04-08-2017), plax (04-08-2017), Quakerella (04-08-2017)