User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures from the beach

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    I'm sure he would rather be on you all the time. Lady is only about 14 inches from head to the bottom of her tail, much smaller than Lucky, so putting her down anywhere outside the house would be an issue with me, let alone she doesn't like to venture far from her cage so she is no where near as hand tame as Lucky.
    She sounds like a character im sure shes got a huge personailty in that little mac body . Wht kind of mac is she ???? Shes super cute and as far as lucky goes hes pretty well hands on trained when i got him i could not touch his front side chest, tummy or his feets and in the seven months ive had him i can now pretty much touch his feets when ever and im working on the fornt side as long as i remember to let him know what im doing and move slow hes more ok with things of course im still learning from him and id like to think hes learning from me but im not too sure on that part lol

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-02-2017), Lady (04-02-2017), plax (04-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Lady is an Illiger's Mini Macaw, and yes she does have a personality that fits in with our way of life. She is funny at times with her silly antics, mostly her vocabulary. She also makes us laugh with her body language when she is tilting her head and asking us, "what are you doin'?

I've been trying for years to get her use to hands but she really doesn't seem to want anything much to do with climbing aboard. She will allow me to pet her head and neck but that's about as far as we have gotten no matter how patient I am. Now if something surprises her and she takes flight or ends up onto the floor she comes right up on my hand. If I could get her away from her cage she is much more easily persuaded to come to me, but it's not easy to find a way to get her to leave the cage.

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Lady is an Illiger's Mini Macaw, and yes she does have a personality that fits in with our way of life. She is funny at times with her silly antics, mostly her vocabulary. She also makes us laugh with her body language when she is tilting her head and asking us, "what are you doin'?

I've been trying for years to get her use to hands but she really doesn't seem to want anything much to do with climbing aboard. She will allow me to pet her head and neck but that's about as far as we have gotten no matter how patient I am. Now if something surprises her and she takes flight or ends up onto the floor she comes right up on my hand. If I could get her away from her cage she is much more easily persuaded to come to me, but it's not easy to find a way to get her to leave the cage.
    Well she is darn cute she sounds alot like lucky except the hands thing shes sounds rather independent and yes i love the macaw whacha dooin head tilt sounds like your her go to person when she gets scard she sounds like most macs lol buts shes so much smaller and cuter and i bet she weighs a hella alot less lol lucky gets way heavy sometimes thanks for sharing ill have to look for more post now i want to know more about mini macs .... gawwwwww i find my self wanting all the birds lmao

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-03-2017), Lady (04-05-2017)