User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hes a raptor lol

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Here's the problem, ladies. Jenn posted the link for the YouTube video in the other thread using https:// in its URL. That "s" made the link fail to call the embedded player into the body of the post. This being the case, I fixed it by removing the "s". The problem then became that those of you who don't keep your browsers and their plugins up to date (such as Alice, perhaps?) won't see the embedded player appear upon page loading. The newest version of the flash plugin -which is necessary to view embedded videos with your browser- should always produce the embedded player. However, older versions often become disabled. This usually happens when an exploit for the plugin's particular version has been identified by the browser company. Once flash has been disabled, your browser can no longer produce the embedded video player within posts. Typically, you'll either see a blank frame or nothing at all. So the solution is usually to update and enable your flash plugin. It should then work as it used to ... at least until the next time it becomes disabled due to a new exploit.

I've embedded the video in this thread as well. I did it before I read about the problems that some of you may be experiencing with flash player functionality. But since I now know, and because you may not have time to update your browser's flash plugin for a while, I'm pasting the direct YouTube URL for Jenn's video below so you can view it on its YouTube page if desired.

https://youtu.be/HqMumFzuWQY
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (03-30-2017), luckyandjenn (03-30-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I've also merged the two threads

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-29-2017), Lady (03-30-2017), luckyandjenn (03-30-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    Does Lucky get anxious when there are a lot of people close by?
    Ya know he didnt do to bad there were a bunch of people out today im proud of him ill post the couple best pics i got before my phone died like right after we got there lol

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (03-30-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    I've also merged the two threads
    Thanks where would we be with out you dedicated admin

8. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-30-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Here's the problem, ladies. Jenn posted the link for the YouTube video in the other thread using https:// in its URL. That "s" made the link fail to call the embedded player into the body of the post. This being the case, I fixed it by removing the "s". The problem then became that those of you who don't keep your browsers and their plugins up to date (such as Alice, perhaps?) won't see the embedded player appear upon page loading. The newest version of the flash plugin -which is necessary to view embedded videos with your browser- should always produce the embedded player. However, older versions often become disabled. This usually happens when an exploit for the plugin's particular version has been identified by the browser company. Once flash has been disabled, your browser can no longer produce the embedded video player within posts. Typically, you'll either see a blank frame or nothing at all. So the solution is usually to update and enable your flash plugin. It should then work as it used to ... at least until the next time it becomes disabled due to a new exploit.

I've embedded the video in this thread as well. I did it before I read about the problems that some of you may be experiencing with flash player functionality. But since I now know, and because you may not have time to update your browser's flash plugin for a while, I'm pasting the direct YouTube URL for Jenn's video below so you can view it on its YouTube page if desired.

https://youtu.be/HqMumFzuWQY
    Well I am somewhat computer challenged so to speak , before I logged onto the internet yesterday firefox did make me wait for an automatic update so I can only say that yes, I'm not sure how to update the flash plugin itself. I think when the browser updates it should update everything necessary to make things work from there.

I really enjoy the internet and most of what it brings to my life but man I sure wish I knew more. I'm currently trying to get the hang of excel (which is difficult because I don't actually have it at home) so I can do things that are more professional at work. As soon as I've learned something (at least at work) they go and change things around or add something new to learn, which is great in the sense that I get to learn something new, but I need some on hands experience. Repetition that is, until it sticks .

Thanks again Tony for all you do! This site would be a mess without you !!

10. The following user likes this post:

plax (03-30-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    Ya know he didnt do to bad there were a bunch of people out today im proud of him ill post the couple best pics i got before my phone died like right after we got there lol
    Looking forward to see those pics Jenn. I've never been to a farmers market at the beach~

12. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-30-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Well I am somewhat computer challenged so to speak , before I logged onto the internet yesterday firefox did make me wait for an automatic update so I can only say that yes, I'm not sure how to update the flash plugin itself. I think when the browser updates it should update everything necessary to make things work from there.

I really enjoy the internet and most of what it brings to my life but man I sure wish I knew more. I'm currently trying to get the hang of excel (which is difficult because I don't actually have it at home) so I can do things that are more professional at work. As soon as I've learned something (at least at work) they go and change things around or add something new to learn, which is great in the sense that I get to learn something new, but I need some on hands experience. Repetition that is, until it sticks .

Thanks again Tony for all you do! This site would be a mess without you !!
    Thanks Alice. You're most welcome. And your last comment is nearly correct. I think I can state with conclusive certainty that this site would not exist at all without me. But if you instead meant that you can imagine it having issues if I were to vanish from all points forward ... then yes, things would most likely deteriorate rather rapidly

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (03-31-2017), luckyandjenn (04-01-2017)