User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK...I am hooked!!!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.

OK...I am hooked!!!

Since the US election last November, I am glued to news stations, iPad, etc. It is like a bloody soap opera. I check my iPad every morning just in case something happened overnight.. It's why I am not on the forum as much. I might miss something...lol.
    Last edited by Dragonlady2; 03-14-2017 at 07:25 PM.

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-14-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Yes. I follow it, too, Helena. But I'm betting it's somewhat more upsetting for those of us living here under the bizarre regime
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-14-2017), Dragonlady2 (03-14-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Yes, I agree with you Tony. Because we are your northern neighbours...you guys sneeze or roll over, I get concerned.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Words of advice to your President: Spurious allegations made against others to deflect attention away from your own or your colleagues errors doesn't fool anyone Donald, certainly not those who's opinion counts anyway.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Not to make this too political... but I guess there's no escaping politics anymore, to some degree at least, considering the current state of our mess. As such, have a look at Robert Reich's dissection of Trump's MO... it's absolutely dead on!

http://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich...mocracy-567151

Super Moderator

Parrots

I would agree with the article to a degree. It is how Trump operates, but in my opinion, he lives in that bubble for many reasons and surrounds himself with people that support that dialogue in his mind. I believe they have their own agenda. I am fascinated by the players in this administration, the relationships or lack thereof and the "base" that got Trump elected. Just when I think I have figured things out, something else happens that gets me analyzing.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Funny, for my house it's the exact opposite. My husband was a CNN junkie. Now he won't turn the news on at all bc it is just constant recaps of the insanity here.

We all do enjoy SNL skits with Alec Baldwin as Trump, however. But then we are a family that finds hilarity in the ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-15-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    I would agree with the article to a degree. It is how Trump operates, but in my opinion, he lives in that bubble for many reasons and surrounds himself with people that support that dialogue in his mind. I believe they have their own agenda. I am fascinated by the players in this administration, the relationships or lack thereof and the "base" that got Trump elected. Just when I think I have figured things out, something else happens that gets me analyzing.
    Oh yes, he absolutely lives in a bubble. And he certainly surrounds himself with people who share much of his agenda. Yet some of those folks still become astonished by his bizarre behaviors. Then when we consider the elements of fascism and degradation of important protections that come with all of that, things can feel quite unsettling.

Did you watch the video with Reich's explanation of DJT's indoctrination mechanism in addition to reading the article?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Funny, for my house it's the exact opposite. My husband was a CNN junkie. Now he won't turn the news on at all bc it is just constant recaps of the insanity here.

We all do enjoy SNL skits with Alec Baldwin as Trump, however. But then we are a family that finds hilarity in the ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG...I love the SNL skits. Especially Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Oh yes, he absolutely lives in a bubble. And he certainly surrounds himself with people who share much of his agenda. Yet some of those folks still become astonished by his bizarre behaviors. Then when we consider the elements of fascism and degradation of important protections that come with all of that, things can feel quite unsettling.

Did you watch the video with Reich's explanation of DJT's indoctrination mechanism in addition to reading the article?
    I went back and watched the video. I totally agree with him. If it is a lie, call it that and do not get distracted with the follow-up rhetoric that is bound to follow.

14. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (03-15-2017)