User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any info appreciated

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedardave View Post
    In addition,I suggest strong industrial wheels.I typically buy HQ brand cages...plastic wheels are always breaking.....and believe it or not we have a wheen and castor store down the street that cant find replacements.
    Also however you design the latches,be sure they are bird proof.One pair of my macaws has figured out how to open their foodbowl doors and walk out
    Hi Dave
    we had this problem with the castors on Casper's cage. I found some suitable replacements, being intended for use on hospital beds and similar load bearing items, from a company called RSwww.com. Let me know if you need more details but hopefully putting castors into their search field should find them. If a bird gets it into his head that they are good chew items then that might be a problem but it hasn't occured to Casper YET
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-17-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Zac,
    Design a cage sounds pretty cool.
    I recently was searching for a larger cage and my interest was for it to be as deep as it was wide. I want as much space as I can get without giving her a complete room in the house for herself. We have other pets and it would worry me too much if for any reason they would get into her room so she needs a safe space. Secondly I would of liked to have a cage with no particular space for the food/water dishes. I wanted to put them wherever I felt was a good spot depending on how I arrange her perches and toys. Now I have to arrange her perches and toys around her bowls. I could just not put the bowls in the places they allocated but then I would be wasting space because there are no bars to attach perches or toys.
    As far as the seed guards, it would be nice if we could fold or flip them down when needed rather than having them sticking out at all times. It would be helpful for me when I wheel her cage into another place in the house.
    Looking forward to seeing some results one day when you make your first cage .

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-18-2017), Quakerella (03-18-2017)