User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jimmy Bahama's eskimo kiss

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl_Digital View Post
    Rosalyn... sorry I disappeared. It was a busy work week and when I get home its family time (which includes Jimmy). So to answer your question... the pack is designed just like a backpack. It has the two shoulder straps and a waist strap. It is surprisingly light for the size. I took a stock photo from their website so you could see the back. (again... I have no affiliation with this company, but I give them a positive review!)
    Attachment 4865
    As far as carrying it from the handle on the top... yes, it's a bit awkward because this particular pack is very tall. I am only 5'2". So I really only use the top handle for moving the pack a short distance. Securing it to the car is a bit trickier. We typically just use the seat belt. Also the pack is so tall that it is very snug against the car roof liner so the pack doesn't really sway when turning corners.
    Boy i need one for lucky lol id tote him everywhere

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-19-2017), kendrafitz (03-19-2017), Lady (03-19-2017), PlaxMacaws (03-19-2017), Quakerella (03-22-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Rosalyn... sorry I disappeared. It was a busy work week and when I get home its family time (which includes Jimmy).
    Not a problem at all. Family time is very important.
    Thanks for the information, really had me curious how you carried it. A great idea.

Parrots

Blue and Gold Macaw -- named Jimmy Bahama!
    Jennifer... I thought I saw a photo somewhere on here with Lucky on a harness? Was I mistaken? If it was Lucky, did you have a problem getting him on the harness? Jimmy just won't do it... I'm not forcing him though. But eventually I'd like to take him out of the back pack.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    There is one here Carmen https://www.preciselyparrots.com/sho...l-and-her-bird

I know there are a few more with Jen and Lucky by the water

Wow it's so cute

7. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (03-26-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    There is one here Carmen https://www.preciselyparrots.com/sho...l-and-her-bird

I know there are a few more with Jen and Lucky by the water
    Yes... Thanks for the link. I was pretty sure I saw that photo. I'm not very well versed on forums... I get lost. In fact, I have to do searching to respond (or stay in the conversation).

Anyhow... I am really trying to get Jimmy in the harness. He really doesn't like it. So this might take a while! I think he would have fun flying at the park. He is a great aviator and has never had his wings clipped. My vet wants me to clip is wings, but I have a cat and a dog and I don't feel that it is safe for him not to have the advantage of full flight in case something happened. I don't ever let Jimmy out unattended, but you never know what may happen.

9. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-27-2017), Lady (03-29-2017), Quakerella (03-29-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl_Digital View Post
    Jennifer... I thought I saw a photo somewhere on here with Lucky on a harness? Was I mistaken? If it was Lucky, did you have a problem getting him on the harness? Jimmy just won't do it... I'm not forcing him though. But eventually I'd like to take him out of the back pack.
    Yes i am able to get a harness on him some days he lets me get it on with little hassle and other days it can be a pain ....thoe i think hes starting to relize when It goes on he gets to go out tomorrow in fact im taking him to farmers market for the first time well see how that goes ....also ive started just leaving the harness in plain shight

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (03-29-2017), Quakerella (03-29-2017)

Parrots

How did the farmers market outing go? I bet Lucky had fun. Jimmy is always very interested in everything when he goes outside.

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-10-2017), Quakerella (04-10-2017)