User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Bahama's eskimo kiss

Parrots

Blue and Gold Macaw -- named Jimmy Bahama!

Jimmy Bahama's eskimo kiss

This is my guy! He is about a year and a half in this photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160522194408_IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	4849

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-12-2017), Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), kendrafitz (03-12-2017), Lady (03-12-2017), luckyandjenn (03-12-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Very cute and pretty. And I love his 'eagle bird' stance in your avatar
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-12-2017), Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), Lady (03-12-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    What a wonderful picture. They sure do worm their way into our hearts. Did you get him from a breeder?

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (03-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (03-11-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Parrots

Thank you Tony... Jimmy loves to show off his wings!

Helena, yes we got Jimmy from a breeder in Oregon.

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), Lady (03-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (03-12-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I am a little timid when it comes to those macaws. Those beaks look pretty powerful. What made you select a macaw as your feathered companion?

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (03-18-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Hi Carmen & Jimmy -

Welcome to the forum! What a great pic. You both look happy.

How old is Jimmy now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-12-2017), Lady (03-12-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Welcome to PP. What a beautiful bird. Can't wait to hear more about Jimmy.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-12-2017), Lady (03-12-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Welcome to the flock what a cute boy you have

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-12-2017), Lady (03-12-2017)

Parrots

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Kendra, Jimmy will be 2 years old in May! He's still just a baby

Helena, choosing a macaw was actually a long decision. My mother had a several small birds when I was a teen... and thirty years later I decided to get a bird. We decided on a larger bird and my partner and I both have always thought that macaws were beautiful. But before we made any commitment, I went through a research stage. I bought 5 books on macaws and I have to admit that after reading them, it took me a while before I could truthfully say that I was up to the task. I don't want to sound nerdy or anything, but I was being very introspective and I put myself in that position of cleaning, caring for, housing, spending extra money, and having the patience and the time for a larger bird. Meanwhile, I found and avian vet in my area to make sure that he could have proper care for emergencies and general check ups. Lastly, I knew that my bird would out live me... so I decided on an action plan for his care when my partner and myself become old and frail. Once, I had all this figured out... Jimmy Bahama finally came into my life. And it's been really great! He is really fantastic (just a fun loving guy) and we love having him out of the cage whenever either one of us are home.

My next step is to try and get him to "like" his flight harness so that we can take him outside and he can use those wings! Right now I have a Pack-O-Bird (I totally recommend them! Very sturdy. Well built. Amazingly lightweight. --I do not own, nor have stock in that company! lol)... anyhow, with the Pack-O-Bird I can take him to the park for some outside time, but he really only likes to be in there for an hour or so before he wants out. Long story short, I really want to get him accustomed to this darn flight harness.

I welcome any ideas, recommendations, and thoughts that all of you with experience have and want to share! I'm glad that I found this website.

18. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-12-2017), kendrafitz (03-12-2017), Lady (03-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

I commend you on how thorough and diligent you were when deciding to have macaw share your lives. I am sure Jimmy will have a wonderful life with you.
    Once you have mastered the harness with Jimmy, there will be all kinds of adventures you can go on with him. Exciting days ahead!

20. The following user likes this post:

Lady (03-12-2017)