User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does any body have any pics of their indoor aviary or indoor aviary ideas to share?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Carmen,
    to you and Jimmy. Nice set up you have there for him. Now that is a big cage!
    Last edited by Lady; 03-11-2017 at 07:16 PM.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), PlaxMacaws (03-11-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl_Digital View Post
    I know how your feel!! I bought a large perch that goes diagonal across Jimmy's home. I hang several chewing toys along the perch. He has a hoop on one side to swing on, and a spiral rope on the opposite side. He also has two pumice perches... one is next to his food and the other is next to his tire chew toy. I also bought a large net that is on the out side of the cage. Since he is out whenever I am home, I thought he would be interested in it... but nope, not really. I always find myself changing things... and of course changing the toys cause he chews them pretty much in a week.
    Welcome to our community, Carmen . Wow! Jimmy certainly hit the jackpot with that big, beautiful cage of his. I'm sure he has plenty of fun while in it (and on it) each day.

I have a safety suggestion, though. One thing that I always warn folks about is that they should consider slipping some pvc pipe sections over any exposed chain lengths that are long enough to wrap around a bird's neck during play activity. Sometimes when a parrot is hanging from above it may be able to inadvertently loop an exposed portion of a support chain around its neck. So sadly, that may prove fatal one day for some birds. Thankfully, it's an easy scenario to preclude by simply rigidifying most of each chain's or other ligature's length. Here's our warning on the risk: https://www.preciselyparrots.com/sho...ging-bird-toys!

Again though, Jimmy's quarters are most impressive... he must be a happy bird . Thanks for sharing.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), Lady (03-11-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Good eyes on spotting those chain's Tony. I had to take a second look when I read your post! I also must say depending on the size of the chain Carmen might keep an eye on whether or not Jimmy's toes could get caught as well. I've had Lady get caught and it was scary for all of us!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), PlaxMacaws (03-11-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    You have an awesome set-up for your macaw. I am guessing he is pretty happy when he has to be in his cage. I have a similar set-up for my Eclectus. How old is Jimmy?

8. The following user likes this post:

PlaxMacaws (03-11-2017)

Parrots

Blue and Gold Macaw -- named Jimmy Bahama!
    I want to thank you all for your comments and suggestions!

Tony, I will definitely head to home depot and get some pvc pipe tomorrow. I never even thought of that happening, but with the way he plays... I can see that as a possibility. It will be corrected asap! We would be devastated if anything ever happened to him.

Helena, Jimmy will be 2 years old in May. I originally wanted to adopt a rescue parrot, but I felt that my experience level was not sufficient to handle and correct a troubled little guy. I knew he was going to be a handful straight from the egg!!! He is so much fun though!

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), Lady (03-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (03-11-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl_Digital View Post
    Tony, I will definitely head to home depot and get some pvc pipe tomorrow. I never even thought of that happening, but with the way he plays... I can see that as a possibility. It will be corrected asap! We would be devastated if anything ever happened to him.
    Good on you, Carmen! It's easy to tell that you love him very much and that he's a wonderful companion
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), Lady (03-12-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)