User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does any body have any pics of their indoor aviary or indoor aviary ideas to share?

Parrots

Greenwing Macaw - Charlie Blue Front Amazon - Patti Hawk Head Parrot -.Gimby Sun Conure - Louie

Does any body have any pics of their indoor aviary or indoor aviary ideas to share?

I just recently bought an indoor aviary for my GW macaw. Im super excited to decorate it! I mean I feel like a kid about to get a brand new toy. Does any body have any pics of their aviaries theyd like to share?? Or ideas?

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-04-2017), Quakerella (03-05-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Hi Gimby. Welcome to PP. Unfortunately, right now I'm dealing with some serious personal matters and thus can't offer much. But I'm sure you'll enjoy the planning and set up phases. Hopefully your GW will be happy with your efforts as well

I'm hoping some of our other members chime in and perhaps throw some ideas and/or maybe a photo or two your way. I'll check back here once I'm freed up a bit. And if you want, feel free to post some pics of your bird and his quarters or of what you're planning.

Have fun
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Greenwing Macaw - Charlie Blue Front Amazon - Patti Hawk Head Parrot -.Gimby Sun Conure - Louie
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Hi Gimby. Welcome to PP. Unfortunately, right now I'm dealing with some serious personal matters and thus can't offer much. But I'm sure you'll enjoy the planning and set up phases. Hopefully your GW will be happy with your efforts as well

I'm hoping some of our other members chime in and perhaps throw some ideas and/or maybe a photo or two your way. I'll check back here once I'm freed up a bit. And if you want, feel free to post some pics of your bird and his quarters or of what you're planning.

Have fun
    Im sorry to hear that. Hope all gets well for you. Ok Thank you.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hi Gimby. Welcome to the forum! How exciting to get such a great space for your Macaw. What are the dimensions of the aviary? That might determine what you can comfortably have in it for your macaw.

Please feel free to share some pics of your flock. We look forward to hearing more about your flock.

Parrots

Aviary ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Hi Gimby. Welcome to the forum! How exciting to get such a great space for your Macaw. What are the dimensions of the aviary? That might determine what you can comfortably have in it for your macaw.
    Please feel free to share some pics of your flock. We look forward to hearing more about your flock.
    Hi,
    It is an A&E 86"x62"x79" indoor aviary. Ive done a bunch of research found sites that'll sell manzanita, dragon wood forks (branches) and non oiled ready to hang ropes but when I look up examples of how people decorated their parrots aviaries I onlyfind a few and their usually zoos aviaries. I know how I want to decorate it but Id like to look at how other people decorated theirs to get other ideas.
    Last edited by Gimby; 03-04-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Well, I don't have a macaw, but when I have prepared any of my cages I took into account what my bird likes/ prefers. Using different perches is a must and I do ensure that every cage has 4-5 different perches. When it comes to toys or activities, my conure loves bells and preening toys to hide under, so he will have more of those. My Eclectus likes his foraging toys, so he has 3-4 placed all over his cage. Toys are also subject to change once the interest shifts to something else.

You have made a good start identifying different perches to use. If your macaw has particular toys that he favours, you can start by adding them.
    Hopefully others will post and give you some other ideas.

8. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (03-05-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Gimby,
    Welcome to you and your GW. We just recently brought a new and much bigger cage for our mini mac Lady. Only had it for around a month and I"m still changing perches and toys to see what seems to work for her. She really enjoys being a cage potato but does come out often to play on the play area above the cage. I enjoy giving her toys in the play area to see which one she enjoys the most. She has had a straw mat that she like to rearrange and tear apart this week. She also enjoys a hiding place so sometimes I place a towel across the ladder and top perch for her to go underneath. With Lady we also have to watch what type of toys to give her because she tends to regurgitate on the cotton rope a bit more than I care to allow. So her toys are mostly wood and some sisal rope along with a good mix of plastic. They are much easier to keep clean or toss out if she has torn them up. I also want to get a platform perch for her so she can have a place to flatten out her feet if she wants too.

Looking forward to seeing your GW and how you set up his or her space.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-04-2017), Quakerella (03-05-2017)

Parrots

Aww your mini mac is beautiful. What kind of mini mac is she? Thank you for the reminder - plat form perches. I almost forgot! I wont be getting the aviary till June reason being I wanted white not black lol. It'll be awhile before I am able to post pics of my setup but in the meantime I'm gathering and planning as much as possible

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-05-2017), Quakerella (03-06-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well not getting your aviary till June is good, you have more time to shop or make your own toys for her. Lady is an Illiger's Macaw.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-05-2017), Quakerella (03-06-2017)

Parrots

Blue and Gold Macaw -- named Jimmy Bahama!
    I know how your feel!! I bought a large perch that goes diagonal across Jimmy's home. I hang several chewing toys along the perch. He has a hoop on one side to swing on, and a spiral rope on the opposite side. He also has two pumice perches... one is next to his food and the other is next to his tire chew toy. I also bought a large net that is on the out side of the cage. Since he is out whenever I am home, I thought he would be interested in it... but nope, not really. I always find myself changing things... and of course changing the toys cause he chews them pretty much in a week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jimmys home.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	4848

16. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-11-2017), kendrafitz (03-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (03-11-2017), Quakerella (03-12-2017)