Thread: Hanging around

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Hanging around

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170224_144736.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	4830 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170224_165326.jpg 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	4831
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170224_165321.jpg 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	4832 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170224_165142.jpg 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	4833
    I just love this big guy so much

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-25-2017), Lady (02-26-2017), PlaxMacaws (02-25-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Lucky certainly looks happy on his swing. There is nothing more wonderful than a happy, contented bird. You are doing a great job with him Jen.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-25-2017), Lady (02-26-2017), PlaxMacaws (02-25-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Lucky certainly looks happy on his swing. There is nothing more wonderful than a happy, contented bird. You are doing a great job with him Jen.
    Ha ha thanks you so much i sure am doing my best all the research i did before getting him deff helped hell im still learning every day ..... it means alot that people like you whom have had brids alot see that ... thanks to alot of what ive learned from you guys i feel like im shaping into a good bird companion

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-25-2017), Dragonlady2 (02-25-2017), Lady (02-26-2017), PlaxMacaws (02-25-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Yes, Lucky is sure a happy bird! And he's also a 'lucky' bird to have you . I love the pics!

As you've probably realized by now, Jenn, I'm always trying to think of ways to improve the safety of our feathered companions. You might consider sliding a section of PVC pipe over the exposed chain that his swing is hanging from. Doing so would preclude the possibility of the chain looping around Lucky during his play activities once he's whittled the wooden blocks away. The PVC would slide down to take their place once he's gnawed through them, thus adding a measure of safety. The pipe not only wouldn't alter the swing's function... Lucky might even enjoy pushing it up the chain then allowing it to drop
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-25-2017), Dragonlady2 (02-25-2017), Lady (02-26-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Yes, Lucky is sure a happy bird! And he's also a 'lucky' bird to have you . I love the pics!

As you've probably realized by now, Jenn, I'm always trying to think of ways to improve the safety of our feathered companions. You might consider sliding a section of PVC pipe over the exposed chain that his swing is hanging from. Doing so would preclude the possibility of the chain looping around Lucky during his play activities once he's whittled the wooden blocks away. The PVC would slide down to take their place once he's gnawed through them, thus adding a measure of safety. The pipe not only wouldn't alter the swing's function... Lucky might even enjoy pushing it up the chain then allowing it to drop
    Thats a great idea when i have a few bucks ill deff go to home depto to grab a peice and try it out bbecause he sure does love that swing

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-25-2017), Lady (02-26-2017), PlaxMacaws (02-25-2017)