User Tag List

Thread: Is This Ok to Use??

Is This Ok to Use??

So, I am getting a lovebird on Saturday. Very excited as it's a species I've never had but always wanted! Anyway, she comes with her own cage, but it's not very big, 16" x 23" x 16" H. I found this used cage on craigslist and it's a nice size, 30" x 18" x 55" and the bar spacing is 1/2".
    Do you all think it will be ok for my lovebird? (Rats not included, lol!)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00s0s_ljJuzYueMep_600x450.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	4796
    She decided to free herself, dance into the wind, create a new language. And birds fluttered around her, writing “yes” in the sky.
    Monique Duval

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    From what I read, Lovebirds are active, playful parrots that need a large cage to accommodate all the toys and perches they will need to keep them busy. The larger the cage, the more comfortable it will be for the bird. The minimum size cage for a single lovebird should be 18" long by 18" wide by 18" tall. For a pair of lovebirds, a cage 24" long by 18" wide by 24" tall or larger would be more appropriate. A good cage should have horizontal bars on at least two sides, as hookbills love to climb. Horizontal bars help to make climbing easier. Bar spacing should be no more than 3/4" apart to prevent injury.

3. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (02-08-2017)