Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I hope you hear from someone soon.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (02-08-2017), plax (02-09-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Welcome to the flock i hope you get some new on you rio boy soon i know i couldnt imagine my life with out my big personalitied b and g whom ive had now for about 7 months ....i do know you pain thoe much love to you from me and lucky in this hard time

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-09-2017), Lady (02-11-2017), plax (02-09-2017), Quakerella (02-09-2017)

It's been a LONG while since I posted on this site!! So much has happened, it's almost unbelievable!
    First of all, my two birds I bought after the tragedy of Rio were NOT getting along at all. They each had their own cage, and I would let both out for several hours a day in our spare room where their cages were kept. I finally realized that Stevie Nicks (lovebird) was terrorizing Woodstock (cockatiel)!! I made the decision to find a new home for Woodstock (I had surprisingly become VERY attached to Stevie even though I originally wanted a cockatiel!)
    Woodstock went to a great home! A woman was looking for a tame bird for her 12 year old daughter whose dad had recently passed away. Woodstock gets much more attention from this sweet girl than I could give him with Stevie being so possessive.
    I felt so bad for Stevie being alone while I was at work all day, and decided to look for a second lovebird. I found a tame one needing a new home---and located very close to me! I brought Bobo (a DNA sexed male) home with a bit of trepidation. Would they fight or get along?? I put the two birds' cages close to each other and watched for any negative behavior---I didn't see anything worrying. I don't remember how long I kept their cages like this, but eventually let the birds out together. It was pure love right off the bat!! I'm still not sure what sex Stevie Nicks is, but he/she and Bobo (now named Tom Petty) are true lovebirds! They feed each other, groom each other and sleep in the snugglehuts together!

Now for the BEST news!! I FOUND RIO!!!!!
    Last August, the girl who bought Rio from the man I sold him to saw one of my ads (searching for Rio) on a bird sale site! She contacted me right away, but unfortunately had RESOLD Rio just the week before!!! She sent me photos and videos of Rio and his cage in her home and told me things Rio would say or do------it was definitely him! She sent me screenshots of the Facebook profiles of the couple who had Rio. They also have another B&G, Ricky. She assured me that Rio was in a good home.
    Jump forward to last Tuesday...I'm on Facebook during my only break at work, eating lunch and see a notification of some girl posting about having a snake, a lizard and a macaw for sale. I go to her post which is on her page---see she's from Ohio and ask where she got the B&G macaw from. No reply, so I quickly go to the text message of the girl who had had Rio and scrolled to where the screenshots of Rio's last known owners is. And it's the same girl!! She was selling Rio!! My poor baby was now in his THIRD home since I sold him, about to go to a fourth!!
    Long story short, last Saturday, I borrowed $400 and my hubby's truck and drove 3 1/2 hours one way to get my baby back!!! I cannot even tell you how completely relieved and happy I have been since finding him!!!
    He is staying at our middle son's house right now (he loves our son). Our son lives very close and I can visit him whenever I want. We have several dogs----one of which is a rescue who is up for adoption---and 3 foster cats. Once our most recent rescue dog is adopted, Rio will be coming HOME for good!! I'm going to spend some time with him tomorrow----my son and I were talking on the phone the other night and Rio heard me, got excited and started whispering "Hi!"----something he did with me! I love him SO MUCH!!! He's been through a LOT (the last place he was at was FILTHY and I don't think he liked it there)---he deserves to be loved and spoiled the rest of his life!

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-31-2018), Dragonlady2 (03-30-2018), Lady (04-11-2018), Quakerella (04-07-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Rachel- What an amazing story . I'm so happy for you... and certainly for Rio! Among other things, I suppose your incident serves as a valuable lesson that may have easily turned out far worse. Thankfully the situation ended as it did, with you and your feathered friend being reunited. At the very least, it sounds as if poor Rio has been through a great deal. Treat him like a king!!!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-31-2018), Dragonlady2 (03-30-2018), Lady (04-01-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    What wonderful new this is. Can I assume Rio will be completely spoiled ?

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-07-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-07-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    We sure would love an update and some pics too!