User Tag List

Thread: 'Invalid Redirect URL' message

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

'Invalid Redirect URL' message

If any of you are still encountering the 'Invalid Redirect URL' stop message when attempting to log on to your PP member account, it's most likely because you have an old saved login (username and password) in your browser that points to our old HTTP URL. To fix this, simply delete and re-create your saved PP login.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-14-2017), Lady (01-14-2017), Quakerella (01-14-2017)

Thanks for putting that out there Tony. I know the last several times I had to put in my name and password which should have been saved but I saved the link again just now and when I came back, it knew who I was so all is good again.

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-15-2017), Lady (01-15-2017), plax (01-15-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    You're welcome, Renee' ... glad to hear it.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Ah I am glad you know about this, it happened at the same time as Firefox unilaterally dumping some of my passwords when I cleared my browsing history. So I was thinking the problem was still at my end. I expect in future times we will be referred to as the "password generation"
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Hmm, I have tried deleting the password from browser's list but when I put the first character of my user name the computer fills in the rest. I( have to put the password in but it then takes me to Invalid message. I'm using system 7, does it store passwords somewhere and is there a way of just deleting the PP password without it trashing all others? Google just gives advice on the system password when you search system 7 passwords

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Wish I could give you good advice Jean-Pierre but hang on I'm sure Tony will be able to help you out.............

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Hmm, I have tried deleting the password from browser's list but when I put the first character of my user name the computer fills in the rest. I( have to put the password in but it then takes me to Invalid message. I'm using system 7, does it store passwords somewhere and is there a way of just deleting the PP password without it trashing all others? Google just gives advice on the system password when you search system 7 passwords
    Yes, there is. In Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Security > Saved Logins then locate any and all http://www.preciselyparrots.com login instances therein. Delete each of them. Then load PP, log on, and allow Firefox to save the new login credentials you've just entered. It should work then.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-27-2017), Lady (02-26-2017), Quakerella (02-27-2017)

Parrots

I already did that but the password seems to be saved somewhere else as well which was why I asked if the OS stores it?

Administrator

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    I already did that but the password seems to be saved somewhere else as well which was why I asked if the OS stores it?
    But it actually isn't the saved password that conflicts with what the website expects from your browsing client. Instead, it's the stored URL that's paired with that password. That stored URL must agree with the loaded website URL. So if PP's https URL is loaded and your 'Saved Logins' list only has the http URL paired with PP's password, you're going to receive that stop message.

Please carefully examine all URLs in the 'Saved Logins' control window to make absolutely sure none exist for PP that begin with http (rather than https). If your thorough check reveals none, your theory may be correct that you have a separate credentials manager on your machine/device and it's storing your password and a paired URL independently from your browser. The paired URL is like a login name for the password. If it's wrong, the website will complain. Hence the stop message.

As far as Firefox, if you start anew by removing all PP URLs from your 'Saved Logins' management control window and then deleting all PP cookies and clearing the web cache, it should offer a clean new session upon which you can reenter and save your login credentials. If you try that and are still receiving the stop message, I would check for an active credentials management storage provision on your machine.