User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing his grip?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    That's great news. I am so happy to hear that Casper is not seriously ill.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-19-2016), Mare (12-20-2016), Quakerella (12-19-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Wonderful news, happy it is not serious and I hope he will be back to his older self soon

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-19-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-20-2016), Mare (12-20-2016)

Parrots

Green Cheek Conure
    That's good news!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-20-2016), Mare (12-20-2016), Quakerella (12-20-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm glad it's nothing too serious, although I imagine arthritis isn't too comfortable to live with. I hope the metacam helps. Did the vet comment on his picking of leg feathers..?..

We had an old dog that licked and licked and licked his rear ankles to the point of making them bleed. We would wrap them in hopes that they could heal but he kept chewing off the bandages. His vet wasn't sure why he did this..a neurosis of some kind, the vet said. We took him to a different vet and she thought it was from arthritis bothering him in these areas. THAT, made sense. (Sorry if I ramble on), the new vet gave us some meds to help relieve him of discomfort from arthritis and it also helped with his neurosis

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-20-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-20-2016), Quakerella (12-20-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    He thanked her by doing a big watery poop on her chair.
    I think Casper is jumping the gun a bit on his gifting... it's not even Christmas yet . Hopefully he'll continue to feel better.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-20-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-20-2016), Mare (12-21-2016), Quakerella (12-20-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    ...(Sorry if I ramble on), the new vet gave us some meds to help relieve him of discomfort from arthritis and it also helped with his neurosis
    That's not rambling, that is important information and very helpful
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-20-2016), Mare (12-21-2016), Quakerella (12-20-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    I know I have said this before....apple cider vinegar in the water everyday helps a wide variety of issues from parasites, to upset stomach,dizzyness and arthritis.A friend of mine has used a teaspoon in her birds water everyday.She has a large number of birds in heated, full spectrum lit out buildings and has been a quality breeder for 45 years.....my 2cents worth.
    "Ivo"

14. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-21-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-21-2016), kendrafitz (12-21-2016), Lady (12-24-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I'll have to try this again. My birds, cats, dogs, just didn't take to it, but I have read that Apple cider vinegar does wonders.
    Thanks Dave.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Thanks Dave
    We can lead a parrot to water but we can't make him drink
    Maybe he will like it better with a bit of cider vinegar in. Any other thoughts on how we can get him to ingest it as he seems to get all his moisture from his fruit and never touches his water bowl.
    He is taking his metacam in the mornings in a spoonful of porridge and in the evenings in a spoonful of English custard or yogurt.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-21-2016), Lady (12-24-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

I think that I might put the vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz their fresh foods with it. They do have their favourites and they may eat it anyway. It's worth a try.

19. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-22-2016), Lady (12-24-2016), Quakerella (12-22-2016)