User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy, Moly!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Holy, Moly!

My newest goofy to the flock is Shaggy and..please, help me God. He's now decided to scream at every thing,, just for a minute but still, he didn't do that when I first brought him home. I'm not sure what's setting him off. When I set up the Christmas tree he was totally cool with it. I think he started to decline when the wrapping paper and boxes showed up..maybe, too much, too soon..? Sassy jumps right in, she loves the wrapping paper, especially the cardboard tubes . Anybody else's bird have this anxiety?

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Oh no Mare. I can't say any of mine have anxiety to that extent, some are not fond of change though. Maybe Christmas time is a little overwhelming? All the decorations, tree, presents, hustle and bustle. Maybe there is something about the paper and boxes that is triggering an old memory? I sure hope he calms down a little for you.

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), Lady (12-18-2016), Mare (12-18-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Maybe the honeymoon is over and you are seeing the real Shaggy aka the Shagmeister...haha. Hopefully it's just a response to the inevitable excitement in the air and he settles down soon for you.
    Last edited by Dragonlady2; 12-16-2016 at 02:42 PM.

5. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (12-18-2016), Mare (12-18-2016), Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Nope, Casper's anxiety seems to major around cake at the moment, He doesn't see why we should have it when he is not allowed.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-16-2016), Lady (12-18-2016), Mare (12-18-2016), Quakerella (12-16-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Poor Casper! . Yes, I'm also afraid the honeymoon might be over, Helena. He's become much more excitable over the past couple weeks. I'm really hoping it isn't having to do with the vet visits. The last one I had him at, he got very afraid when I went to set him on the scale..he was fine the time before. He had to be toweled to get weighed and then freaked when let loose. He tried to fly off the table, hit the wall and ran under a chair. Scary stuff..

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Aww Mare, maybe it is just that things are changing around the house rather quickly. I hope he relaxes a bit when the hussle and bussle calms down.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-18-2016), Mare (12-18-2016), Quakerella (12-18-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thanks, Alice, I hope so. When the house is quiet I make a point to have him with me, he helps prepare food bowls, likes helping with washing dishes, folding laundry is terribly fun with him. I try to keep him progressing with our lives together. You're right, though, there has been a lot going on around here

12. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-18-2016), Dragonlady2 (12-18-2016), Lady (12-18-2016), Quakerella (12-18-2016)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    He's now decided to scream at every thing ... Anybody else's bird have this anxiety?
    Yes indeed! And that would be Maynard.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-19-2016), Mare (12-20-2016), Quakerella (12-19-2016)

Donovan. I can take the garbage bag out of the can now but if I carry anything, it freaks him out and he can start screaming and it will be 4 years in April that I got him.

16. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-19-2016), Lady (12-24-2016), Mare (12-20-2016), Quakerella (12-20-2016)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thanks, Tony and Renee', good to know I'm not alone . The scary thing with Shaggy, I'm finding, is when he gets over excited..I don't get close to him and hopefully he isn't on me because he's known to lunge and bite just out of being crazy, out of his mind with monsters in his head! He settles down quickly but during the heat of one of his outbursts..I don't trust him.